Lucky mornings and an old friend
Ok, so I guess I've finally become one of those people who cannot function properly without getting my daily "computer fix". Maybe it's because I'm surrounded by children all day or that I miss the hands on technology offered at work (the best I can do now is use the TV remote to find "Blues Clues"!) Either way I have finally resigned myself to the fact that I'm not going back to work any time soon and if I want to get some adult interaction and a link back to online society I'd better instigate it myself.
I don't know about any of you, but I love blogs. My inspiration for this is Kim. Some of you may remember her; she lived with my family a few years ago. I can't say we've really kept in touch, other than a yearly e-mail or so. However, a few months ago she sent me a link to her blog. I loved it. I loved knowing that someone other than myself was dealing with all those messy/disgusting tasks and had the same fears and hopes for her children. It's like a little glimpse into her life. I love checking in on her growing little family and seeing them in pictures. I love knowing that she's well, and happy. Thanks Kim.
I'm going to follow the lead of those who came before me and rename my family members to protect our identities, since this is out there for just anyone to view. I'm going to be the "One in Charge". Ok, now for those of you who actually do know me, no explanation is needed. My husband is going to be the "One that Works" and my boys are going to be "Peanut" and "Walnut". Peanut is my 2 year old and no the name does not refer to the shape of his head (although it is accurate). We nicknamed him this when he was a baby and for now it fits. Walnut would probably be more accurately portrayed by a name like "Buddha" or "chubby cheeks" both names that we call him in the privacy of our own home, however when he was born a mere 8 months ago, the doctor who delivered him said he looked like a "hairy walnut" so there you go.
Our mornings usually start at 7:00 AM, which is if we're lucky. This morning started at 6:00 AM! Peanut woke up crying, a most unusual occurrence for him. I brought him into our bed and since the One that Works had not yet left for work, Peanut immediately snuggled up to him. Now the One that Works has a hard enough time getting off to work in the mornings and was already running late, so the snuggling was definitely counter productive. For some reason Peanut did not want his daddy to go to work, we kept asking him why and he'd just cry and beg daddy not to go. Peanut said he loved his daddy "so much" and wanted to play with daddy all day and that he should just stay home. Peanut cried through daddies shower and tried to keep him from getting dressed. Finally, the One that Works sat down with Peanut and explained to him that daddy loved him and would make it a short day and that he would come home early and play with him. As I watched my husband with our son I realized this was exactly what I'd hoped for and dreamed of when I married this man 4 years ago. Peanut is currently waiting, not so patiently for his daddy to come home from work. Even though it is pouring Peanut keeps going outside just to check and see if daddy is home yet. I guess some mornings that start before 7:00 AM can be lucky too.


4 Comments:
I am so glad you started a blog!!! I love hearing about my friends' and family's days. Love the nicknames. A hairy walnut, huh? That's an unfortunate story for the baby book.
From the pictures I've seen, your boys are nothing but adorable. You're so lucky to have little chubby babies. Mine are so skinny that my brother told me they look like aliens. Nice.
Can't wait to hear more!
What a perfect thing for a doting aunt who misses her cute nephews the minute she walks out the door. Now I get to hear about all the cute (and not so cute) things they do. I couldn't ask for a better sister-in-law! You can refer to me as the sassy, witty, intelligent, hot, and yes, dreamer of a sister-in-law.
From peanut's UmPa. This is so neat to be able to hear about our little Peanut and Walnut. We hear about their funny things by mouth and by the internet now. UmPa H.
Melanie...it's Tara...of course..your most loyal southwest friend!! I love this little blog. What a great idea. I was laughing my butt off at all of your stories. Those boys are so dang cute! It was so good to see you last week. Thanks again for coming. Talk to you soon.
Post a Comment
<< Home