Monday, October 02, 2006

Fall day on the train


Thanks to the generosity of my in-laws, we spent conference weekend in Heber, Utah enjoying the beautiful fall foliage. It was spectacular. One of the highlights was a ride on the train. In addition to its amazing beauty, Heber is probably best known for its "Heber Creeper" train. It’s an old train that snakes along the canyon between Heber and Provo at a snail's pace (which is ok, because then you have time to take some great pictures). I'm sure the views during winter and summer are nice, but nothing could compare with the vibrant colors of fall. The train ride was the perfect activity to enjoy the beautiful day we had there on Saturday.

Peanut was in heaven. He loved sticking his head out the window, running up and down the isles (it's harder than it sounds on an old rickety train) and eating whatever sweet treat daddy happened to buy. I had a nice time too. Fortunately, Grandpa, Grandma and Aunt Jennie helped me with the boys (and the one who works helped too). Jennie even brought a nice friend who was kind enough to hold onto my two year old as he attempted to reach as far out the train window as possible...poor guy I hope we didn’t scare him away.

Anyway the whole trip was great. The condo was nice, I think we were the first ones to stay there, everything was brand new. There was a great pool, full of little kids for Peanut to harass, he even found a nice mom taking pictures of her children swimming and insisted she take a picture of him! (I think daddy was supposed to be watching him). She was nice and took the picture and commented on what a "little character" we had. (Is that slang for obnoxious little brat?)

Maybe some people wouldn’t look forward to a weekend with the in-laws, but I had a great time, and look forward to every time we get together. They always act so happy that I joined their family, and include me in everything. They are generous to a fault and I don't think anyone could love my children more. Overall it was a great weekend. I'm sad to see winter coming, but at least I've got some great pictures of our fall day on the train.

3 Comments:

At October 2, 2006 at 4:23 PM, Blogger Kim said...

How beautiful it is up there! Sounds like a great weekend. Ours was full of little finishing projects around the house. My inlaws (ALL of them) are coming to stay with us this next weekend. We'll have about 15 extra people at our house! It will be a huge disaster but tons of fun.

 
At October 2, 2006 at 10:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a great weekend and so much fun to spend time with you all! What nice things you have to say about your in-laws...we seriously couldn't ask for a better sister-in-law/ daughter-in-law. My favorite thing Peanut said over the weekend was his comment when he crawled in bed with me early in the morning. I was still sleepy and my eyes were closed. He touched my nose and said, "You have a boogie on your nose." I felt it and realized it was no boogie, it was a really ripe zit! My least favorite thing that Walnut did over the weekend (besides keeping his parents up all night) was his great ability to interfere with a "moment" as he cried, demanding to be held and ruined the mood. Who could really be mad at such a cute, chubby, pumpkin who lets me kiss him whenever I want?!

 
At October 3, 2006 at 8:56 AM, Blogger Mr. & Mrs. Adventure said...

Wow, the train is really pretty. I'll have to give that a try sometime. I love the picture of Peanut with his head hanging out of the window

 

Post a Comment

<< Home