The Boy Who Cries Wolf
+October+02+-+088.jpg)
I own a cute little blackberry phone. I hear it does many a cool tricks and has lots of amazing features. Alas, it is mostly wasted on me, as I can barely figure out how to make a phone call, let alone send a text. My youngest son however has mastered the thing. Friday, I was at my parents house, dropping my sister off after she arrived unexpectedly with her infant son on a flight from DC. Marci never one to miss a party, flew in last minute for my Mom's birthday this last weekend. My children were restless after waiting at the airport for more than an hour for Marci's delayed flight and were very happy to be out of the car and free. Once at my parents, Greyson took my phone out of my purse, he was grouchy and without a nap so I just let him have it, I knew it was locked up tight and therefore was just happy he was distracting himself for a change. It was about 10 minutes later I realized I hadn't seen the little red headed monster around lately, I rarely let him out of my sight, for when I do, trouble usually follows quickly. I found him in the guest bedroom hiding under the bed talking on my phone. How he figured out how to make it work while it was locked is beyond me, but at the time I didn't really think much about it and just took it from his grubby little hands and hit END to end whatever buttons he had managed to push. It was all of two seconds later that my phone rings, "This is 911 Dispatch, did you just call 911?" I quickly apologized and explained that my two year old had called accidentally, she took my name, address, location and made me repeat twice that we were all OK and declining medical or police help. I was just wrapping up my phone call with 911 when my call waiting beeped, I clicked over as soon as I finished with the Dispatcher. "Hello this is the County Sheriff calling, do you need help?" Oh, I'm dying now, while glaring at my grinning little red head, I explain the whole situation over again, apologizing again. Apparently the County Sheriff is a little more serious about their emergency calls, she required my exact location, name of the child involved, she asked me if I was answering under duress, does being fuming mad at your kid count? I'm spelling out my last name for the second time H...A...L when she explained that they would probably have to have to send an officer to the house just to verify that there was in fact a two year old and everyone else was OK. "Fine" I told her, "no problem" I can definitely produce a two year old....in fact I can produce TWO! Long story short, the police never came, Greyson has lost his phone privileges for the time being and I'm pretty sure I'm on that list of bad mommies at 911 dispatch, I hope I don't need them for real anytime soon.


8 Comments:
Wow! I can't believe he managed to call those 2 numbers.What a funny, cute kid.
I thought I would let you know. When your blackberry is locked and you push the ball it brings up a screen that says unlock, call emergency, or cancel. If you put the call emergency it will ask you one more time if you really want to call emergency and then even though your phone is locked it will dial emergency. I kept pocket dialing people so I locked my phone and put it in my pocket and then I got a call from 911 asking why I called them.
Cousin Mikey
Wow! That is quite a story. Funny for me to read but I can totally understand how fuming you were. So crazy. Glad you were able to get together to celebrate your mom. I miss you guys. I love your mom. She is one fantastic lady. You are following in her shoes! Have a great day.
So funny, sorry but it was. Timothy did that at church a few months ago but luckily no one called back. At least we know if there was a real problem you would be taken care of! See sometimes our little "cry wolfers" give us helpful information!! Just remember GiJoes battle cry....knowing is half the battle!
how 2 year olds make us SO SOOO mad! But they make for the best stories! I just can't believe you have double. I could never do it. never.
That little Grey!
Awesome! I laugh heartily at these 911 stories because it hasn't happened to us ... yet. I'm sure my day will come. That's so funny.
Amusing and quieting intelligent and curious children is getting much more difficult. Do you think Grey can teach his Granny R. to master all the functions on her new cell phone?? I'll bet that was embarrasing and frustrating for you. xxoo G.R.
Post a Comment
<< Home