Friday, July 10, 2009

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff

As a family with many little children, we inherit hand-me-downs on a regular basis, it works well for us as well as our children, although for most of Jack's first year you would have never caught him in "used" clothes. Four kids later, I have seen the light and am very grateful for most "previously owned" packages that arrive at our door. In our most recent acquisition we found some pretty, purple jelly shoes with Dora the Explorer emblazoned prominently on the toes. Grey took one look at these sparkly little shoes and claimed them for his own.
Unfortunately, they happen to be exactly his size, and with little snaps on the sides, can easily be slipped on by a two year old in a matter of seconds. He wears them everywhere (within the confines of our own house of course!) I even found them on his feet last night in his crib.
I find it a bit funny that Jeramie has so problem with Greyson proudly sporting his pretty, purple fetish; because I was under strict orders to never put anything "girly" on my boys, he doesn't find it funny, or amusing, just WRONG, plain old wrong. Maybe he feels that now that I finally have an outlet for my inner PINK (enter my princess Addison) his boys are safe and free to explore their silly two year old obsessions.....even if that is a pair of sparkly, purple slippers.

4 Comments:

At July 10, 2009 at 10:40 PM, Blogger HeRoosSheRoos said...

If they have to be a girl color, at least they're are purple and not pink.

 
At July 11, 2009 at 12:45 PM, Blogger Jill Stones said...

I think they are too pretty to be left in the closet...oh maybe I shouldn't say closet J/K He is still as cute as ever! I think Dad wore a few of "girlies" in his day he just doesn't want to admit it:)

 
At July 12, 2009 at 9:10 PM, Blogger ThatsBaloney said...

Um... what is Jeramie worried about? I think I have some pictures of him trying on my accessories in high school.

 
At July 13, 2009 at 11:24 PM, Blogger Mindi said...

The shoes are adorable! He will get a good laugh someday. I just read about your dog! Does she want a friend? I will quickly put together some of the cutest- can't say no pictures of Hoover to send over.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home