The Trouble With Two
All of my children have had inquisitive minds and agile bodies, and like most children, hit their terrible stride around the age of two. I have weathered it fairly well, with Jack, I was on a constant run to keep up with him, until of course he fell, which he inevitably always did. James kept me on my toes with his fetish for trying to take apart any and everything, he always knew where the screwdriver was hidden and amazingly had the dexterity to complete his destructive disassembly projects in record time. However, I am exhausted to report the twins have taken it up a notch....or two. On their own my little babies are just like any other, they make messes, throw food, get into things and fall down on a regular basis, but the whole "twin" dynamic has really thrown me. Somehow these two manage to wreak havoc unlike any before them. I am constantly on my toes with them. Any extended period of silence in the house is a terrible precursor to the sticky, messy, expensive disaster that awaits me. I am constantly shocked at the trouble these two can get into. Although my twins are nothing alike, they have everything in common. I think having another little mind just as curious as yours encourages you to go a little further, climb a little higher, spill a little more or a LOT more as the case continually seems to be around here.
+May+22+-+039a.jpg)
+May+22+-+040a.jpg)
+May+22+-+041a.jpg)
Four times last week the twins managed to dump entire gallons of milk or juice on the floor. Now don't judge, I'm no dummy, after the first incident we went directly out and bought a fridge lock. That worked for all of one day, by 6am the next morning the two of them had managed to break it open. Addison woke me up dragging a nearly full gallon of milk - lid off - into my bed with her sippy cup, she wanted a drink! How she managed to drag that gallon up all the stairs with out spilling it is a miracle. I have "child proof" door knob locks on all of our doors, I think it took Grey all of 10 minutes to figure them out, and although Addison still cannot open them it doesn't really matter if you travel everywhere with your own personal locksmith A.K.A her twin!
+May+29+-+002a.jpg)
+May+29+-+006a.jpg)
They break into the bathrooms and strew toilet paper everywhere, flush the toilets every three seconds and pour hand soap down the sinks. Last week I even walked into the kitchen just in time to see Greyson carefully helping his sister into the oven! I still can't figure out how they opened the oven lock. There is no where they can't reach, and nothing that is safe. Between the two of them they can move any chair, they can stack things, they can even reach the top of the fridge which is where I store the sunscreen, yesterday they completely lathered their heads in Coppertone SPF 50+. My only peace comes with their daily naps, as I look at them peacefully sleeping in their individual cribs it's hard to imagine the destruction their little minds must be concocting. Inevitably when their naps are over I find them in their room having pulled all three drawers out and emptied the contents all over the floor, I don't even fold, just throw it all back in, to await tomorrow, so we can do it all over again. Books are never safe in our house, even those hard paged cardboard baby books are no match for these two, we have stacks and stacks of pages to tape back together. I'm exhausted just thinking about it.
So keep in mind you're welcome to come visit anytime, just remember I'll have to unlock three latches just to let you in, you can't cook anything without mastering the oven lock, drink anything without unlatching the two new fridge locks, or use the bathroom without twisting the child proof knobs just right! Who am I kidding, I'm trapped in here, and I can't eat, drink or pee!


11 Comments:
That is hysterical and a little scary....is B going to be that messy someday?
So so funny!! I thought Tim was bad, thanks I feel alot better about him now:) I love your blog....so cute just like you!! Good luck next week, surely there is something else they need to master...paint? oil? karo syrup:0 If or when it happens don't blame me!!
Do you remember the tv show McGiver?? He could fix anything and figure out a way to escape anything that nobody else could. The twins may have a future with FBI . I do feel your frustration. On the positive side what if they were quadruplets??? xxoo G>R.
Looks like a war zone in there!
I have twin cousins who were constantly found playing in the potty. They also took their diapers off and ran through the house.
The good news is that they just graduated from high school and they don't do those things anymore.
Please help! I'm laughing and I can't stop!
I'm sorry, but I am LAUGHING. :)
Oh my!! Jer showed me this at work, and I just had to see it again. I am impressed at their skills, and yours too! Love the pics and stories as always. Keep them coming!
Oh heavens! I thought I had it hard and that I was exhausted and that my kids get into messes. I haven't had to clean up a whole gallon of milk and hope I never have to.. especially 4 TIMES in ONE week! You're amazing..
So many things to look forward to. You are truly super mom.
oh my!
Wow is all I can say! Just hearing this makes me tired:( Wow you are so patient, I think I would scream:) Good luck!
We are putting our blog private and I would love to invite you if you want. If you want an invite send me your google email to spackmansrock@msn.com and I will add you.
Destiny
Post a Comment
<< Home