Saturday, March 28, 2009

Kindergarten Round-up


I can't believe this day has come. I thought he would be my baby forever, but as all children do, Jack is growing up. Yesterday we attended the Kindergarten registration for our local elementary school. I never intended on living here when our kids started school, but here we find ourselves. Jack was so excited, the registration packet came in the mail about six weeks ago, and he insisted on looking at every scrap of paper, he couldn't read a word of it, and almost all of it was actually for me, you know, forms and such, guess a kid can't start school now a days without at least 20 shots under his belt. Any way thanks to a very kind neighbor it was just Jack and me, he kept saying he was so nervous as we walked into the seemingly average looking school....amazing how they all smell the same. I kept telling him that we were just here to give them his paperwork and look at his future classroom, not to actually attend school or anything. He asked me twice if he looked OK, "of course" I told him. The lines were long and by the time we made it all the way through them and to the school nurses to get final clearance Jack had warmed up a little, he answered all the questions correctly, full name, phone number, age, birth date. Whew, at least they didn't ask anything hard, we still have a lot to work on before he's ready for school this fall. They even gave him a little packet with things to work on over the summer, it was a cute little book.....with one small exception. When Jack came to this page in the book, he was a little confused, his answers were definitely NOT what they were looking for. Can you see why?


7 Comments:

At March 28, 2009 at 9:40 PM, Blogger ThatsBaloney said...

Wow - he knows his phone number? That's impressive!!
What a cutie. He's gonna love kindergarten.

 
At March 28, 2009 at 11:06 PM, Blogger Mary Elizabeth said...

Understandably confusing! What a good looking kindergartener.

 
At March 28, 2009 at 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow how time flys. He's a bright, handsome and friendly boy he'll do just fine. It's me I'm worried about.!!! I'm almost crying as I type this.I am wishing him happiness and fun in his new life adventure. Yes I can see how the twin match up would be confusing to him. xxoo Grandma R.

 
At March 29, 2009 at 1:06 PM, Blogger HeRoosSheRoos said...

That's a trick question. I would love a class full of Peanuts who are so excited and sweet!

 
At March 30, 2009 at 10:23 PM, Blogger Kim said...

That's pretty funny. I just love that he asked if he looked okay. How sweet was that.

 
At March 31, 2009 at 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell handsome Captain Jack Sparrow I would absolutely love to be his kindergarten teacher. What a treat for the entire class his personality will be. His teacher will adore him, I promise.

 
At April 3, 2009 at 9:08 PM, Blogger Colleen said...

If the whole world loved like Jack does, there would be nothing left to change.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home