Thursday, January 15, 2009

Bring On The Birthdays

Crazy December rolls right into busy birthday January, and as usual this year was no exception. It's always about this time that I start wondering exactly what I had been thinking 9 months previous, somehow I managed to have the exact same due date with both Jack and James. Thankfully they both came early and were actually born on different days but their birthdays are a mere six days apart, so just as we wrap up Christmas and get all those dreaded decorations packed away, out come the balloons, streamers, and birthday candles!
Although we celebrated each of our boys birthdays individually with them on their special day, we decided again this year to have a joint family party. This year Jack fully understood the significance of turning five, he knows he'll get to attend kindergarten this fall and ride the big bus (we will now have a short pause for Grandma R, who is now sighing, and trying not to cry). How is it he can look so forward to starting something he'll spend the next 13 years dreading on so many levels? Anyway back to the party, it was a fun little get together, my boys love any occasion where their cousins are in attendance,
and Jack LOVES it when both his grandmothers are in the same room at the same time, I think it's his own little heaven, the two people who spoil him most in the world sitting on either side of him.
James enjoyed the day too, and finally after much practice was able to hold up the correct fingers. How I love these little boys.

4 Comments:

At January 15, 2009 at 9:25 PM, Blogger HeRoosSheRoos said...

I love my nephews and I remember holding them on the days they were born. I love them love them.

 
At January 16, 2009 at 1:03 PM, Blogger hope2adoptbaby said...

You're right...2 birthdays just 6 days apart must be crazy! :) Looks like fun though and glad that you got to have a big party...or two...

 
At January 17, 2009 at 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those boys! Grandchildren add such joy to my life. (Thanks for the moment of silence.) We will probably need a very long moment when I witness Peanut getting on the bus the first day of school. (I will try to be very brave for his sake.) The party was great fun!! Wishing them happiness and success in all the adventures life holds for them.xxoo G.R.

 
At January 25, 2009 at 8:11 PM, Blogger Holyoak Family said...

Jeramie
Hello long lost friend! Remember me? Brett(BJ) Anderson-Holyoak?? Jennifer pointed me in the direction of your blog. We also have a red-head named Greyson. We call him Grey as well! Fun. Your family is beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home