Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday

OK, so I know the real reason it's called "Black" Friday, but after finally going out shopping myself for the first time with the crowds, I have a whole new reason to call it black! First, getting up before 5am is no picnic, then I had to park at the back of the store and walk half a mile to get in, then had to practically beg someone for their cart when they finished with it, then it was 40 minutes of weaving slowly towards each of my intended targets only to find them gone when I got there. Finally I stood in a line for and hour and 25 minutes to purchase the few measly things I was able to find, in all I think I saved about $50 bucks, DEFINITELY not worth all the trouble....next year I'm sleeping in!

4 Comments:

At November 28, 2008 at 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are very very brave!! It sounds like alot of effort and work and unforunately disappointing in not finding the items you wanted already sold out.I have to applaud you for at least trying it. I've always been such a coward when it comes to Black Friday.( I'm thinking we are still going to find some good deals on the things we want before Christmas.) You are smart enough to realize you don't want to do it again and sleep is probasbly the best gift you can give yourself this time of year . Love, G.R.

 
At November 29, 2008 at 6:43 PM, Blogger Marc Gingell said...

Yeah, so the one thing I really wanted (the $4 jammies) I made Marc stop on his way home from work at 7am, only to find that they were gone. But guess what? They had the same deal on Walmart.com and I still got them...at 10am and in my jammies! YAY!

 
At November 30, 2008 at 8:10 AM, Blogger ThatsBaloney said...

I hate shopping anyway - so put some crowds in to it and I am OUT!
You were brave to try out BF. The good news is that a lot of stores are now having online BF sales.

 
At December 1, 2008 at 2:38 PM, Blogger Cori said...

Amen! I had the same experience Friday, with the same decision to sleep in next year, at least it made for a funny blog :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home