Monday, October 27, 2008

Off With The Head

Somehow we have managed to avoid this particular problem until now. It all started last week when I noticed the boy's toilet wasn't flushing completely....if you know what I mean. I don't know if we have small plumbing pipes or boys with big plumbing pipes, but I often find, to keep things nice and clean, I've gotta help out a little. So I, the professional plunger, got to work, but no matter how much I plunged we continued to have the problem, liquid would flush just fine, but ANYTHING else would cause the whole bowl to come to a stand still....EWWWW. Finally we decided to remove the toilet to see if we could locate the problem. Toilets are big, and heavy, and rather fragile, and after moving it carefully into the tub, found that they are kinda disgusting too. Now listen, I can change a thousand diapers (and probably have) without batting an eye, but no amount of coercing from TOWW or positively visualizing in my own head could get me to stick my hand down that toilet hole, I just couldn't do it. Since TOWW's hand was too big we were left with few options....until my little boys who up until now had been locked out of the bathroom, began banging on the door asking to help.

We really had to talk him into it, he wasn't at all excited, in fact I'm pretty sure it went against all his natural instincts as well as all those we'd worked so hard to drill into his little Peanut head these past few years. But eventually, after the promise of a big bowl of ice cream, he stuck his little hand down the hole like a champ.
In the end we recovered two toothbrushes and a banana peel, and despite being unable to reach into the entire "S" curve of the toilet, hope desperately we got everything out. I guess we'll soon see.

9 Comments:

At October 27, 2008 at 1:27 PM, Blogger hope2adoptbaby said...

I'm sitting here LAUGHING at how FUNNY this is!! :) I can only imagine how it all played out. Way to go, you professional plumbers! :)

 
At October 27, 2008 at 8:32 PM, Blogger Nickole said...

Good boy Peanut, I'm glad your tougher than your mom. Hope all runs smoothly now:).

 
At October 28, 2008 at 1:59 PM, Blogger Sharilyn said...

That is nasty! LOL! What is with your boys and Nickole's flushing stuff down the toilet?

 
At October 28, 2008 at 6:30 PM, Blogger HeRoosSheRoos said...

Crap O la! That stinks.

 
At October 28, 2008 at 7:00 PM, Blogger ThatsBaloney said...

This made me laugh. I'm glad someone else has to deal with disgusting potty issues besides me.
Did anyone admit to being the culprit?

 
At October 28, 2008 at 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The whole thing was made better by the great facial expressions!!

 
At October 29, 2008 at 10:11 AM, Blogger Me said...

WOW I wonder what the heck could be down my toilet!!!! That was SO funny!

 
At October 30, 2008 at 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those that have children will eventually experience the "rotten" job of having to unclog the "John"!! Kids consider it high adventure or magic to see things they put in the toilet swirl and disappear out of sight.Peaunut and Dad should receive a medal for extreme bravery!!! Just think of the money you saved by not having to call a plumber. Love, G,R.

 
At November 18, 2008 at 9:49 PM, Blogger Brossettelewis said...

ewww, I fear that day in this house. Thanks for a forewarning as to what is to come.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home