Mommy's Rose Colored Glasses
Today I decided to reminisce a little about the thing I love most in the world...BABIES! My babies actually. I dusted off their neglected baby books in a continually, ongoing attempt to keep them updated. I then realized how much I missed those sweet little bundles; their tiny wrinkled hands and feet, scrunched faces, soft, pink, warm, little bodies, I could go on and on. Anyway, out come the books, I begin flipping through the pages, taking note of some of my favorite pictures, at the time those hospital photos seemed so cute, even in my memory they turned out so well, but the reality of them staring up at me from the pages is that...well, I can barely recognize them.
************************** "Peanut" 7lbs 11oz **************************
************************** "Walnut" 7lbs 12oz **************************
************************** "Little Red" 6lbs 1oz **************************
************************** "Sweetie" 5lbs 1oz **************************And then I realize, we're all just kidding ourselves, we may think our baby is the most beautiful, perfect child to have ever been born, and honestly to you they probably are....but let some time pass and pull out those same baby pictures, that at the time you thought were nearing perfection and reality sets in. They look like shrunken little aliens or wrinkled old men, they're red and splotchy, and although perhaps peaceful in their sleep, a little disproportionate, I mean look at that head, and my kids are legendary for their relatively small heads! Fact is when you have that beautiful new baby in your arms, your unable to find a flaw on that kid if your life depended on it, blame it on new mommy hormones, or sleep deprivation, whatever. In the end just be grateful that all Mommy's and Daddy's see their newborns through rose colored glasses.


8 Comments:
Oh!!! They look so Different!!! I mean I can see the resemblance in Addie, Gray, and James but not in Jack as much. They are so CUTE!!!!!!! They are the cutest babies to me!!!!!! SO.... does this mean there will be another Halverson baby in the next 5 years?? (hehe)
it is so hard to capture a good picture of a newborn on camera. Part of their beauty is seeing them live and close up and holding their tiny warm bodies. a picture never does them justice. Good luck keeping up on the baby books!
Some one is sounding baby hungry in this post. I only find it amusing because my twins turn 1 tomorrow and I have had that insane feeling... fleeting of course.
You have always been a fan of fresh, out of the mama oven babies. I have an idea-I'll have a couple more and you can take care of them until they are sleeping through the night and no longer newborns. OR you can have another one!
Hey, This is Summer, I got your blog from Tara...I love it. Anyways you've been tagged. Check out my blog.
I love your blog and watching your family grow. Your blogs are so awesome. I just started mine and I have a lot to learn still. I am back @ my moms in Hooper sad to say...Actually its really great. Lets try and get together:)
It always amazes me when I see a new born baby. I think their beautiful in their own kind of peculiar way. I guess you have to consider their environment before they have life in the outside world. Being submerged in liquid, getting nourishment through a umbilical cord and finding their living quarters getting smaller and more cramped by the days and months. How comfortable can it be to have your feet touching your nose???? I always get thrilled beyond words when I hold a new beautiful "baby bundle" and just imagine the potential that lies within it! Love, G.R. I really appreciate when the baby bundle gets to the age where we can interact with each other. ( Cooing, Smiling, laughing and yes , yes talking!!!
Those are some really good newborn pictures if you ask me! Sounds like it's time for another one -
Post a Comment
<< Home