Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Zoo Day

We could have called it a "sick day" but he wasn't really sick. Actually he (The One Who Works) was all ready for work and on his way out the door when he stopped to kiss me goodbye last Tuesday....big mistake this particular morning, I didn't want him to go and so invented a outing to the Zoo to keep him all to ourselves that day. TOWW happily obliged and spent the day with us instead.


We had a great time, we packed up two double strollers, sunscreen, a gallon of ice water and a bucket of KFC chicken and headed up the canyon.


It was a HOT day, but we bought all the boys matching hats and drank lots of water. The kids loved it, we loved it. We ended up leaving at nearly 5pm! A really long day, but so worth it!


The only "bump" in the day occurred when poor Sweetie fell out of her stroller and onto her head, no major damage but a GIANT bump on her little forehead! Nothing a quick stop at first aid for a band aid and some ice couldn't fix.

8 Comments:

At July 22, 2008 at 4:27 PM, Blogger Brittany said...

Oh!!! Poor Sweetie!! At least she stopped crying and put on a happy face!!! Glad ya had fun!

 
At July 22, 2008 at 9:46 PM, Blogger ThatsBaloney said...

I love that Sweetie is wearing *BLING*! So cute!!

 
At July 23, 2008 at 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog and seeing what your family is up to. I have to say that you seem like a well put-together mommy who has lots of patience and even more fun with her kids. I just don't know how you do it! I find myself thinking about you and your little ones now that I have a second-I can't imagine ever having newborn twins! You're AMAZING!

 
At July 23, 2008 at 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What awesome photos. Looks like you all had a blast at the zoo. Sweetie's little teeth are precious. Wish I could give all your cuties a hug.

 
At July 23, 2008 at 2:56 PM, Blogger Lifes Great Adventures said...

It looks fun, I have been thinking I want to go to the zoo again (I haven't been since 1999). I bet you guys had a great time! I feel bad for little sweetie- poor thing!
Destiny

 
At July 23, 2008 at 6:12 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Poor little thing! That looks like it hurt! You are such a fun mom. And I must know what you did to persuade your husband to stay home on a moment's notice. I'd never get away with that one.

I heard (quite some time ago) that they were doing all kinds of rennovations to the zoo up there, and that it was supposed to be one of the best in the states when they were done. Have they finished all that, or is it still the same old pathetic (sorry to offend, but remember I'm used to the SD zoo) place it's been for years? I'd love to take our family when we're up there sometime.

 
At July 24, 2008 at 7:34 PM, Blogger HeRoosSheRoos said...

Remember when we took Peanut to the zoo when he was just a little guy? If I recall, there is a picture of him by that exact water fountain. It would be fun to compare the two pictures to see how much he has grown.

 
At July 26, 2008 at 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wild and wonderful photography. I have a soft spot for beautiful children and exotic animals. It looks like a fun memorable day for the entire gang. Sorry Sweetie had to get a bonker!! Too bad you can't call into work and say you need "a fun day." If employers realized the importance. There would be alot less sick days.
Love, G.R.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home