Thursday, June 12, 2008

The big ONE


How do I sum up the last year? Wonderful, exciting, crazy, messy, chaotic, noisy, fun, happy.....love. Yep, I've loved these last 12 months. Having twins is all those things and so much more. Exactly one year ago today I was being wheeled into an operating room to give birth to two premature babies. It was exciting and scary. The delivery was fast and pain free, but I was left with fear and loneliness as the twins struggled with complications of their prematurity over the following days. Fast forward to today, also exciting and scary. I'm excited my babies are turning one and scared at how fast the last year has passed. It has been a whorl wind. Little Red still so true to his name has a full head of red, curly hair and is weighing in at 23lbs and is a whole 2 1/2 inches taller than his sister, he's walking that wobbly, stiff legged baby walk and loves blueberries. He's terrified of the stairs and loves to kiss with his slobbery mouth wide open. His favorite game is peek-a-boo and when he's really tired he sings himself to sleep. Sweetie weighs 22lbs and despite being significantly shorter than her brother is just about average in height. She's frightened of strangers but has the cutest little vampire tooth on one side of her mouth when she smiles. She reluctantly wears her bracelets but pulls every barrette from her hair within minutes of being placed. She never stuffs her mouth with food, instead eating each tiny bite thoroughly. She's my angel and I'm so lucky to have her. Their doctor officially confirmed today that they are finally on track with their age group. So on the agenda for today, birthday pictures and a little party. The pictures turned out great, they smiled like the little angels that they are, and the party was a huge success. Little Red loved all his gifts, especially the pink tissue paper his sister's presents were wrapped in!


So after one year what have I learned? First, twins are great, they are not twice the work, they are twice the fun. Second, having a daughter is everything and more than I hoped for. Third, naps and showers may be few and far in between but enjoyed so much more when I finally get one or the other. And last, I am sure of few thing in this world, but one thing I am sure of is how much I love this little double duo of mine. Happy Birthday babies!

8 Comments:

At June 13, 2008 at 4:33 PM, Blogger HeRoosSheRoos said...

Happy Happy Birthday! I love the cuties.

 
At June 13, 2008 at 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I can't believe its been a whole year!!
It seems like yesterday that I was in your backyard sunning their new little bodies... Wish I could have been there yesterday to help celebrate!
M

 
At June 16, 2008 at 8:31 AM, Blogger ThatsBaloney said...

Those pictures are great! Cute, cute babies. You are making me jealous with all your baby girl talk. Shoot - just the baby talk makes me jealous! :)

 
At June 16, 2008 at 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh they're growing so big and what beautiful birthday pictures! I wish my kids would of smiled for their pictures (still working on it) They are so great you are so blessed to have them. You and the one who works look great! Keep up the great work you guys! Love You!

 
At June 16, 2008 at 12:11 PM, Blogger Brittany said...

They are growing up so fast! I remember when we were going to the reunion last year and we said, "Addison is at that hospital still, hope everything is alright." And look at her now! She is a cute chubby baby! I love them and hope they had a wonderful bday!

 
At June 16, 2008 at 2:48 PM, Blogger Kim said...

It cannot be! A year old already??? Time passes much too quickly. They are so adorable, and it is great to hear that they are right on track with their age group. What a year it's been for you guys! They are so lucky to have a mom who feels lucky back. Miss you.

 
At June 16, 2008 at 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love them so much!! They are so lucky to come into your wonderful family. I'm happy to see the love and nuturing you share with them as parents!!And also how Peanut and Walnut love them. I'm so happy to see them celebrate their one year birthday. What a year it has been !!! We are looking forward to being able to spend many more B_Days with them. Love< G.R

 
At June 19, 2008 at 7:46 AM, Blogger Nickole said...

Cute pics, I can't believe you were able to get one with the crowns before they were destroyed! Glad I could be there to celebrate their big day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home