Water in Bed
I know, it's "breakfast in bed" but for me it was water and I couldn't be happier. My Mother's Day started at 7:00AM. Peanut brought me a glass of water and yelled "Happy Mother's Day" I tried to pry my eyes open enough to see his grinning face, but mostly just peered at him through my sleepy slits. Honestly I didn't get the whole "water" thing, but something had my four year old all fired up and he insisted I get out of bed and come see my gift. I felt my way down the stairs and followed him into the kitchen thinking "could he really have done the dishes?" No, as I got closer I could see they were still there, piled high in the sink, exactly as I had left them from the night before. And then I saw it, my new faucet!
It was beautiful, TOWW had installed it sometime during the night and there it was, all shiny and new. Perhaps I should interject now that I have been "using" and I use the word loosely, a broken faucet for the past few months. At first it developed a crack in the base, so that whenever the water was turned on it sprayed all over the counter, then the handle broke so you couldn't turn the water off unless you used your fist and hit the thing right in the center. Occasionally even the top would pop off and you had to quickly snap it back on before the spray got you. Anyway long story short, I desperately needed a new faucet, but after pricing them, I decided I would just have live with the spraying, banging and leaking for a little while longer. Needless to say, the new faucet is great, it's exactly what I had wanted. I was told once not to get my mom any "domestic" presents for Mother's Day, how glad I am that TOWW had never heard this, my new faucet is the best gift ever.
Yes, I do have four children, you just can't see Walnut, he's throwing a two year old tantrum on the floor at our feet (see how I can ignore him and still smile perfectly for the camera?), and as for Peanut's sad face, in this picture he's about 8 seconds from following his brothers lead....so much for my "perfect" Mother's Day picture....this is my reality, people!


6 Comments:
You've earned your happy mothers day this year! Cute, cute kids!
a very happy Mom's day, for sure. You have some great material here. Love your recent posts. And I am so glad I'm not the only one who witnesses a tantrum when the camera is pulled out. Kids!
You look BeaU T Full! Glad you had a good day. It was fun to spend time with you and the gang.
Looks like you had a wonderful Mothers Day. What a beautiful and wonderful family you have.
Congrats on the faucet! It is amazing how presents like that as a adult are great- who would of imagined we would have been so happy about a "faucet" or for me a dishwasher. Since this rental home doesn't have one. You look great!
Just spent a weekend pretending I was you. The joy pretty well matches the chore. Totally enjoyed your little fam. Big Mama
Post a Comment
<< Home