Let The Games Begin
+April+02+-+005.jpg)
Our twins are 10 months, 23 days, 2 hours and 12 minutes old, and up until now have not noticed one another. Today all that changed. I was upstairs gathering laundry when I heard Sweetie laughing her hysterical belly laugh, a laugh she usually reserves just for Peanut and his antics. Over and over I heard her laughing, eventually I noticed Little Red was laughing as well....Sweetie laugh, Red laugh, Sweetie laugh, Red laugh, over and over. I crept down the stairs and peeked into the baby cage. Red was playing "hide and seek" with Sweetie. They were sitting facing each other, and Little Red had a blanket in his hands he would lift it to cover his head and face and pull it away quickly making a silly face at her, sending Sweetie into hysterical laughing, in turn making Little Red laugh himself. Again and again I watched them play this little game, both enjoying it as much as the other.
+May+5+-+014.jpg)
+May+5+-+005.jpg)
It was everything I imagined should happen with twins, but had yet to witness with our double duo. I was so happy, the twins were loving each other and interacting....all was well. I went back upstairs to finish with the laundry and not 20 minutes later heard Sweetie again....this time screaming, I again wandered downstairs to find the twins interacting, this time in the form of a headlock, Little Red had Sweetie in an actual headlock, and with one arm holding her down the other was banging her little head like a drum, not nice! I pried them apart and calmed Sweetie down reminding her that life with three older brothers would probably not always be easy, but she should try to remember that those headlocks come with the occasional happy game of "hide and seek".


5 Comments:
So CUTE! not the headlock but The Hide-and-seek! They are growning up so fast!!! Can't wait to see you in 4 weeks!
That is so cute about the hide-and-seek! I am sure sweetie will get some "tough" skin after being with her brothers, but in return think about all the protection she has if a guy she dates in the future doesn't treat her to their liking.
They CANNOT be that big already!!! Tell me you were able to grab the camera to catch the game of peek-a-boo. That would be a great thing to be able to see over and over again. As for the headlock, that would also be entertaining to see more than once. Alas, if you're like me, every piece of action ends the second the camera is turned on. How does that ALWAYS happen???
So cute! I'm so happy they are entertaining each other and laughing. In the past I have witnessed Litttle Red sitting on Little Sweetie (thinking she was a chair.) And Little Sweetie was cying loudly letting Little Red know she did not appreciate it. How happy I am to know they will soon be celebrating their one year Birthdays. I love them!!! G.R.
I tried to catch the whole thing on video by sneaking into the room on my hands and knees as to not disrupt the game, but alas, the second they saw me they stopped their silly little game and I missed the whole thing, I even left the video camera out all day hoping to catch an encore, but no such luck!
Post a Comment
<< Home