Clean Dreams
So a few days ago, after an especially dirty and tiring day, I wanted nothing more than to throw everybody in the tub and scrub them to shiny perfection before tucking them into bed. I ran the water, poured more than the usual amount of bubble bath and began stripping and dropping each filthy little butt into the tub. All was going well until something, (I'm still not sure what) made Peanut angry, it could have been the temperature of the water, the order in which I put kids in the tub or the fact that little Red did look especially slimy as he soaked in the mountain of bubbles that Peanut himself was next to be dropped into. Whatever set him off we may never know, all I know is he threw a screaming fit and buried his still fully dressed filthy body under his covers in bed. By the time I actually got around to dragging him back to the tub I found him sound asleep in a dusty little pile under his sheets. I did have the courtesy to change him into a pair of PJ's before I fell exhausted into bed myself, praying not to be disturbed until at least daylight. No such luck as it turns out. At exactly 2:00 AM, Peanut's door is flung open, banging into the wall with such force both TOWW and I sit straight up in bed. We then hear a wailing Peanut running down the hall towards our bedroom, screaming at the top of his lungs that he missed his bath and needed one right NOW! I don't know what it says about my parenting skills that my four year old wakes up and thinks of baths at two in the morning but to be honest I didn't really care just then. I just wanted him to stop sobbing, get back in bed and heaven forbid not to wake up the TWINS! TOWW who is much nicer in situations like these, finally calmed Peanut down and despite his pleas to bathe immediately, he was persuaded to wait until morning, and just to remind me it wasn't just some crazy nightmare on Peanut's part he awoke and ran straight to the tub, remembering every word of his dad's promise.


3 Comments:
I much prefer clean dreams to dirty dreams. I think I saw the kiddos the day of the bath and I can completely understand why peanut woke up feeling so dirty. I even went home and had a bath that night after being outside all day.
I feel your frustration. With four kids under the age of four I'm sure sleep is a precious and rare thing to obtain without interruption.Maybe Peanut has too good of a memory. But I"m sure you will appreciate it more when he gets older and you assign him chores.His good memory and desire for cleanliness will be a bonus!!
Love, G.R.
What a cute story!
Post a Comment
<< Home