Baby Teeth
The day has come, the day my boys have been waiting for....their first trip to the dentist. Yes, I too find it strange that my boys have been begging me to take them to the dentist for the last few months. They have seen me and TOWW go regularly for years now, I think they were jealous that we got new toothbrushes at each visit. Or maybe they remember the last time we all went to the dentist together, I'm sure they had more fun than I did that day....I'm still trying to forget. Anyway, the day has come and off we went. They were so good, they waited patiently in the waiting room while I filled out the usual paper work. They especially enjoyed the fish tank, and even remembered not to tap on the glass (they've been warned many times it hurts the fishes ears!)
+March+26+-+First+trip+to+the+dentist+001.jpg)
When they finally called Peanut's name he jumped up and yelled "YEA, IT'S FINALLY MY TURN!". I saw more than one waiting adult smile and roll their eyes at this, knowing full well that loving to visit the dentist only lasts as long as you manage to avoid the dreaded cavity. He ran through the door, passed the hygienist who was suppose to be showing us the way and left me and walnut in the dust. I think he just picked at random which exam room he wanted and crawled up into the great big chair. By the time the hygienist, Walnut and myself finally caught up to him he was seated like a king, head back, mouth wide open....waiting (OK, so we rehearsed a little at home).
+March+26+-+First+trip+to+the+dentist+004.jpg)
+March+26+-+First+trip+to+the+dentist+005.jpg)
Walnut on the other hand who up until this point had taken his courage ques from Peanut, took one look at that giant moving chair, tray of shiny, sharp instruments and room of masked strangers and decided, no new tooth brush was worth all this. He stuck his face in my neck and clung to me as if evil tooth stealing monsters were trying to pry him away. Peanut enjoyed every minute of his exam and was even astute enough to tell the dentist that he might "accidentally" bite him if he had to answer any more questions while his fingers were in his mouth. Even Walnut was eventually persuaded to crack open his clenched jaws enough for a quick cleaning and exam.
+March+26+-+First+trip+to+the+dentist+006.jpg)
Both both boys left thrilled with their brand new toothbrushes, and good report of no cavities. On our way out the door I told them we could come back in six months if they brushed every day, Peanut's reply "if we came back every day, we'd never have to brush". You know, I guess he's right, at least the kid's got logic....and clean teeth!


5 Comments:
very impressed by their excitement. My 4 year old declares every so often "I am NOT going to the dentist, EVER!" Yeah, not looking forward to his first visit. Your boys look so cute and happy. I am proud of your little guy being so brave.
I'll have to make sure my hubby sees this (he's a dentist). My boys raid the treasure chest every time we visit his office!
Your boys look so handsome in front of the fish tank - Way cute!
So cute! I am glad they were excited! I hope at their next check-up they don't scream. They won't. haha Love you guys lots! :)
They looked so cute and shiny.I'm glad their dentist appointment was a positive experience. You're a wonderful Mom to care about introducing them to the dentist early. I saw this saying in a dentist office . "If you are not true to your teeth (brushing) they will be false to you!!" Ask G. Bob.
he knows. Love, G>R.
Post a Comment
<< Home