Rub a dub dub four kids in a tub
+January+31+-+001.jpg)
There are few things I like better than clean, shiny babies. I love the way they smell. I love fixing their hair into that "just combed" slick look. I love to put them into delicious, freshly laundered pajamas. Then, I love to put them to bed. That's probably the reason we do baths at night. Nothing gives me more satisfaction than knowing my kids are clean and tucked into bed after one of our long, messy days.

I remember the days when Peanut was a newborn, it took both me and TOWW (The One Who Works) all evening to get every little crevice clean and him into his PJ's inspecting and then obsessing over every little red spot on his body. How times have changed. Bath time at this point, has become an assembly line...for obvious reasons. First, we put the big boys in to soak...they are the biggest and therefore have accumulated the most dirt.
Next we each strip down a baby and head to the big tub; we've long since given up the regular tub for such occasions, with four dirty kids to wash assembly style, only our big master bath tub will do. Its fun to see all four kids lined up in the tub, it brings me great joy, not only to see how beautiful all my babies are, but to see how clean each one is getting. TOWW and I work for the next 10 or 15 minutes scrubbing whatever body part is within our reach. Then, one by one, we wrap them in towels and line them up on our bed, diapers, lotion, powder, underwear, onzies, pajamas, stories, prayers and bottles, after another 10 minutes or so they're all in bed. Truly the best (most peaceful) time of the day!


4 Comments:
Hi from TOWW's friend! I love your blog - so thank you for the blog-spiration!! I look forward to hearing about your adorable family more. Those are some really cute kiddos!
They look so cute. I love clean babies too and I especially like how they smell when they're lathered up with baby lotion. I have missed the kiddos. I'm glad that I feel better so that I can kiss on them soon.
that is a lot of work! i am so glad you have got it down into a team effort between you and the hubby. i really like that darling pic of your baby girl. love those little rolly arms!
Cute pictures, it sounds like your pros now at this!
Post a Comment
<< Home