Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Motivation


I've always said this twin thing is quite enjoyable, in fact other than a few hair pulling episodes (on my part) I've felt quite in control of the whole situation. I've also always said, that the babies can't go anywhere on their own and that makes it easier, well, that is about to change.
Little Red is about to become mobile. He already rolls around and grabs anything his chubby little hands can reach, but just last week he finally got up on those knees. He's still kinda wobbly, but fearless. Nothing motivates him more than a discarded TV remote control on the floor.... or his poor little chubby sister still lying on her back, immobile, unable to even roll. Nothing make him happier than to "play" with her, he enjoys stealing her Binky, poking out her eyes, pulling on her clothes, and occasionally biting on her hands and feet.
Poor little Sweetie is a little delayed in the movement department. We recently had her evaluated and although she is slightly behind with her fine/gross motor skills, the therapists believe she will quickly catch up with a little daily therapy. For now we've invented a little early warning system, Peanut and Walnut watch the babies play on the floor and if Red is about to get into something, they come get me. As for Sweetie, she's got a warning system all her own...if she sees Red even looking in her direction she starts screaming. Perhaps Little Red is just the motivation she needs to get moving...problem solved.

7 Comments:

At January 30, 2008 at 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adorable!! They are so much fun . I am glad you and "the one that works" won the baby lottery in June 2007.

 
At January 30, 2008 at 7:42 PM, Blogger HeRoosSheRoos said...

I LOVE those cute babies! I can't believe Little Red is about to crawl. Sweet Pea will catch up in no time.

 
At January 30, 2008 at 8:58 PM, Blogger Tristie hearts Dax said...

so crazy! I am glad that you can say that it is "enjoyable"! You are such a woman! How's the weening going?

 
At January 31, 2008 at 9:27 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Holy smokes! I'm thinking we might be a bit "delayed" here at our house. My sweet baby is 10 months old, and not even a HINT of crawling in his future. I'm okay with it, though. I rather like the immobile stage. I don't have to worry about him when I put him somewhere. He's usually in the exact same spot when I come back.

 
At January 31, 2008 at 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are growing so fast I can't believe it. You have such a beautiful family!

 
At January 31, 2008 at 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are growing so fast I can't believe it. You have such a beautiful family!

 
At January 31, 2008 at 2:22 PM, Blogger Lifes Great Adventures said...

Good luck with this new adventure. Your babies are so cute, & I am so happy for you and the "one who works"- you have a beautiful family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home