Don't let dinosaurs eat Daddy
+January+06+-+Jack%27s+4th+b-day+-+021.jpg)
Yesterday Peanut turned four. We had a small family dinner topped off with birthday cake and ice cream. Peanut loved all his gifts and loved the attention, he was practically vibrating with excitement while we sang "Happy Birthday" to him, he had the biggest grin pasted on his beautiful four year old face. This year he wanted a leaf cake....what you ask is a leaf cake? Well, I didn't know either, so it turned out green, like the color of leaves, he seemed satisfied, and I got off easy, so we were both happy.
+January+06+-+Jack%27s+4th+b-day+-+012.jpg)
Since Peanut was the birthday boy, after all, we allowed him to say the prayer on dinner. I should add, Peanut says wonderful prayers, he knows all the right things to say, he always remembers to pray for those who need it, and usually includes the food if it's a prayer on a meal, I'm always amazed and proud at how well he does. Last nights prayer however, is my new favorite, he was on a roll as usual, being thankful for all his gifts, praying that all would travel safe and that the food prepared would "nourish and strengthen our bodies" when out of nowhere, with a perfectly straight voice added "and please don't let any dinosaurs eat Daddy". I must admit, I was trying to be reverent, but couldn't help as my eyes nearly popped out as I was attempting to restrain a burst of laughter. Oh, to be four and believe anything is possible!


6 Comments:
I love that little guy! He is so smart and funny (and I'm not just saying that because I'm his aunt). I had a hard time controlling my laughter during the prayer too. Happy Birthday Peanut!
WHAT A CUTE LOVEABLE AND SMART BOY PEANUT IS. POSSIBLY THE DINOSAUR COMMENT DURING THE PRAYER STEMMED FROM THE DINOSAUR BOOK GRANDPA AND I GAVE HIM. AS I FLIPPED THROUGH THE PAGES SHOWING PEANUT THE DINOSAURS,I MADE ROARING GROWLING SOUNDS. HE TOLD ME NOT TO DO IT ANYMORE BECAUSE HE DIDN'T LIKE IT! I FAILED TO EXPLAIN TO HIM THAT DINOSAURS NO LONGER ROAM THE EARTH ! MY MISTAKE. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY OLDEST GRANDSON. WHAT JOY A 4 YEAR OLD CAN BRING TO YOUR LIFE. WE LOVE HIM !!XXXX0000
Too cute!
that is the most rockin' prayer request ever to escape a child's lips! SO funny.
That is too funny and precious. Happy Birthday Peanut!
ok that is just too stinking cute! No one ever thinks those things could happen until they do, better safe then sorry :)
Post a Comment
<< Home