Time flies
+November+28+-+024.jpg)
I can't believe it's been six months since I won the baby lottery. Today my twins are six months old. They are growing so fast and I can't help but feel so happy and yet so sad every time I look at them. They both weigh just over 16 lbs and are just about average for babies of their age....a little small for what is usual for us though, our other boys weighed in at 20 lbs and 21.5 lbs at this age! Little Red has finally settled into a peaceful little personality, he found his thumb a few months ago and I'm sure this has helped him settle himself down considerably. He is very strong and although he weighs nearly the same as his sister, he is two inches taller than her. He still has his beautiful red hair, and the happiest smile you've ever seen. I definitely love all my children the same, but think Little Red is probably my most beautiful baby.
+November+17+017.jpg)
+November+17+021.jpg)
Sweetie is our chubby little princess, she's always dressed in pink and has full round naturally rosy cheeks, no matter the weather. Her hair is finally growing in a light brown color, although we're going to need a few months more growth before I can get use out of those adorable baby barrettes I stocked up on. Both babies are obsessed with watching me and are happy whenever I am in their line of sight, a feat not easily accomplished while running this crazy house of ours....my solution, I put the babies in their high chairs while I'm cleaning the kitchen, doing laundry or vacuuming and move them around to face me so they can watch my every move. Kinda creepy but, they enjoy it, and I just try to get my work done while ignoring those four little blue eyes trained on my every move.
+December+05+-+011.jpg)
Both babies sleep through the night and have for months now, which helps both my mind and body feel whole. It's amazing how much quicker you can take control of your life when you're working with eight hours of sleep in your pocket. All in all I have to say the past six months have flown by, and although I love to see my babies grow and develop, I miss those tiny newborn cries, and those miniature fingers and toes, it was all I could do not to cry, I as I packed away their beautiful little preemie clothes. I wouldn't exactly say the last six months have been easy, but it's been fun, it's been an adventure, and I've loved every minute of it, and look forward to every minute yet to come.


4 Comments:
They are getting so big and you are right - time flys! I loved the pics - my favorite being the last one. Too cute!
So amazing. Everything about babies (especially twins). And that is so cute that they love to watch you. What a good mommy. I am so happy for your sleep-ful nights!
Thanks for putting up more pictures of your adorable children! They are all so cute and I miss playing with them! -M
They are so cute! And getting so BIG!!! Our girls had the same high chair as yours. It's so great to hear that you're in the "swing of things" with all four kids. I'll never know how you're doing it!
Post a Comment
<< Home