Walnut speak
During the last hectic six months, my little Walnut has learned to talk. His growing 18 month old brain has picked up on the most common "key" words spoken around the house, and upon reflecting on his vocabulary progression, I find it is a true reflection of our daily conversations. For example, his first word was "babies", not baby, babies. Poor little guy, he probably thinks all families have litters! And when I looked like this....
+June+11+-+009small.jpg)
...he learned, "sick" and "NO", I was consistently complaining that the babies were making me "sick" and due to my enormous size tended to yell "NO" a lot from my sedentary position.
+July+20+-+010small.jpg)
By July, he had mastered "outside" which actually came out as "side". The weather was beautiful and he knew Mom was stressed inside, so he and his brother spent many hours in the backyard relaxing and getting dirty, which probably explains his next new words "mess" and "bath".
+August+27+-+007small.jpg)
+October+02+-+002small.jpg)
His latest word is "tractor" he must say it at least 50 times a day. Whether we are in the car driving down the road, or he's in his bed, that kid can hear a tractor a mile away and starts screaming "tractor" at the top of his lungs. Since we live in a rural area, and it's harvest season, there's a lot of "tractor" yelling going on around here!
+September+01+-(Korbin+Kane%27s+4+b-day+at+firestation)-+022small.jpg)
I have to say my favorite of his new words are the names he calls his siblings. "Yak" is his best friend and older brother, and whatever "Yak" does, Walnut follows. He was so excited to get his very own big boy bed like his brother a couple of weeks ago, but that first night I found them asleep, together.
+September+19+-+009small.jpg)
As for his twins "Yea" and "WeeDee", it took me a while to figure these out..."Yea" was easy as it sounds almost exactly like his little brothers actual name, but "WeeDee" was a challenge. Then one day I heard The One Who Works calling his baby girl "sweetie" and I realized that's what Walnut thinks her name is. So cute!


5 Comments:
Too cute! I love when our little ones first start talking. It's like a secret code that only we, their moms, can understand. I love being a translator for everyone!
Aw, I wuv wittle walnut. Too cute!
Ouch, that belly!!! But it was worth it, eh?
Soo cute! I love when kids start coming up with words! It's the best.
Soo cute! I love when kids start coming up with words! It's the best.
Post a Comment
<< Home