His spot, her spot, finally my own spot!
+September+18+-+004small.jpg)
+September+18+-+003small.jpg)
As I'm sure all of you can imagine, sharing a room with two babies is challenging to say the least, the whining, the fussing, the outright crying...and that's just what has been coming from me these past three months. Nothing says "new mommy" better than walking around in a zombie like trance because the babies "tag-teamed" me all night long, resulting in a mere 3 hours of continually interrupted sleep. Not to mention, nothing kills the "mood" faster than two screaming visual aids of a long forgotten tryst. OK, so it has been convenient to have those babies right next to me all night, nothing like rolling over attaching one to nurse without opening my eyes and dozing back off in under a minute. The problem I've found is when I wake up three hours later to find that same kid attached to a sucked dry, empty, stretched out way further than it should be, shell of myself. It's embarrassing, thank goodness it's dark and The One Who Works is sleeping hard, if he were to see me in this condition, I don't think we'd ever be able to resurrect the "mood". I've been working for weeks now on getting the twins to sleep through the night at the same time. Both babies began sleeping 8+ hours around 10 weeks old, problem is they take turns. It seems like I'm up every night with at least one of them. My new strategy, wear them out and stuff them full.
+September+18+-+005small.jpg)
+September+18+-+008small.jpg)
I even introduced rice cereal a couple of days ago, Princess always my little pig, snarfed it down, Little Red on the other hand spent most of the time screaming, and thus spraying the majority of the sticky rice cereal all over me, whatever, it did the trick. Finally, we got both cribs set up, their room all organized and babies sleeping soundly in their own beds...it is a good day...AND a good night!


4 Comments:
Hooray! Congrats on getting them out of your room before they're 4!!! I'm a firm believer in getting my room back within 2-3 months after my bundles of joy arrive. That first night always freaks me out; but the second, the one where I actually sleep for a few hours without waking up, is pure bliss.
May you have many nights ahead of you where you wake up in the morning and think, "did they really sleep all night long, or am I just so tired that I didn't hear them screaming all night long???"
Gross, you and my brother still..you know what?! ughh, jk. I'm glad the babies are sleeping and letting you sleep more.
SheRoos
way to go! wow, I am impressed that you have them out already. Yeah, I quickly got sick of waking up with a naked booby sticking out and a usually wet baby lying there on my dead asleep arm.
First... congrats on getting them in thier own spot. Second... I am at a loss for words.
Post a Comment
<< Home