St. George or Bust!
+July+28+-+017small.jpg)
I know what you're all thinking, "how can she go on vacation with all those kids?" Well the answer is...you take your mom. Since summer is the time for vacations, I didn't see any reason to be left out. But the traditional vacation would not work for me this year, obviously. Fortunately for me, my parents have a second home in St. George, with a pool and plenty of room for me and my brood. I guess the only real problem we ran into was The One Who Works had to work. So I was on my own, I packed up the clothes, diapers, swimsuits, stroller, playpen, and breast pump and loaded up the car seats with kids and off we went. My mom rode with me and the kids and we had a great drive. Everybody made it to St. George without much trauma. We had a wonderful time, Peanut and Walnut loved swimming in the pool and loved their own "room" at grandma's house, which really consists of a giant loft with beds and toys. Peanut brought glow in the dark stars, so now the loft has the night sky as well. We played and swam all week. It was fun to hang with my little Bros and sis who live down there.
+July+28+-+003small.jpg)
On Friday, The One Who Works flew in after work and spent the rest of the weekend with us. It was a great visit. We even attended a birthday party for my nephew who turned two. Unfortunately, we got a late start back home and so we tried to drive straight through, a hard thing to do with two nursing babies....my solution, pump as you drive and then feed the babies bottles, I brought my big double electric pump and plugged it right into the car, it worked great.
My strategy was to look straight ahead while pumping, if anyone noticed what I was up to, I'll never even know about it!


2 Comments:
I love Peanut's hair in the bottom picture!
way to go. you look like you had fun! that takes guts and a lot of prep and packing to do a trip like that!
Post a Comment
<< Home