Monday, June 18, 2007

Introducing Grey & Addi


As I'm sure most of you have heard by now, our twins have arrived. They arrived with the easiest birth I've ever had. Labor was short, and I never felt a single contraction (thanks Dr. Epidural guy). Each baby arrived with a single contraction and were born 4 minutes apart. Our little guy was first to arrive; he came out screaming with a head full of light red hair, weighing in at 6lbs 1oz and 20 inches long.

Our little girl was next, just four minutes later she arrived, she was quite a bit smaller weighing only 5lbs 1oz and 18 inches long, she is really a girl I checked twice myself! Both babies went to the NICU and it was hours before I got to see them. Our Princess has premature lungs and the next few days were full of ups and downs. Grey and I were discharged from the hospital on Friday, it was very sad to leave our little girl behind, but she is in good hands and we visit her daily. I finally got to hold her a few days ago and she is so beautiful. The nurses put a little pink bow in her hair for me, I try to ignore all the tubes and wires she's hooked up to and just concentrate on that little bow. We are hopeful our little Addi will be joining us here at home later this week but if you've ever had a baby in the NICU you know it's always a road of progress and setbacks, either way she'll probably come home with oxygen and monitors.

One of the most disappointing things about having sick babies is that you can't really touch them a lot of the time, everything is scheduled and most of the time we couldn’t even hold them, so we were unable to ever see the babies together. Fortunately a nice NICU nurse took pity on us the day little Grey was discharged and let us put him next Addi for a few minutes, as you can see I don't thing they missed each other all that much, the look on Grey's face says it all!
Well hopefully we'll have only good news next time. We're so excited and happy with our new little additions and we love them so much. Please pray for our little princess, we know she'll be home with us soon but for now can use all the prayers she can get!

2 Comments:

At June 20, 2007 at 9:32 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Oh, my gosh, they are so beautiful!!! I'm so happy for you that the delivery went so well. No contractions?!? I'm so jealous.

Glad to hear you and Grey are home and doing well. We definitely will be praying for little Addison so that she can join you soon.

How are the big brothers doing? I'll bet they're a little confused that they only have one baby right now when they were expecting two!

 
At June 26, 2007 at 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! and they are beautiful!!! I miss you guys and have something for each little one. I hope to see you soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home