Mini-van Mom
+April+28+-+005small.jpg)
Ok, so I've never considered myself an especially cool mom. I never keep up with fashions, rarely spoil my children and could care less wether or not I'm wearing make-up for a quick stop at the store. I do however drive a relativly nice SUV. OK, so we did not buy it new, but it was loaded with all the fun gagets and looked good, and I have loved driving it these past few years. It's kind of ironic actually, on the way to that fateful OB appointment last December where our wonderful twin babies were discovered, The One who Works and I actually had a conversation about how grateful we were that our beloved SUV would be able to fit three carseats across the back to hold our growing brood. How wrong we were, one short ultrasound later, we came to the realization that we were going to need a new vehicle. We naturally assumed that we'd just get a bigger SUV, but after test driving many, and moving carseats around endlessly we found that because our little boys are still so young, they are unable to buckle themsleves into their safty seats alone. Meaning, I have to crawl over two infant seats everytime just to buckle them all in, it was never going to work. At first The One who Works took it the hardest, that is until he found the perfect mini-van. It really was a great deal, very low miles, leather, all the bells and whisles, he was satisfied...I on the other hand was not. I just did not consider myself a mini-van mom. I guess I should stop at this point for a reality check...if I am not a prime canidate for being a mini-van Mom, who is? Anyway, we have our new mini-van, and it is very nice. In fact when I'm sitting inside, I can almost pretend that I'm in some cool mom car. So the next time you see me drive by in a new mini-van , my hair blowing in the wind, smile on my face, I'm probably imagening, me and my four babies are in some trendy little sports car!


1 Comments:
You're funny. I, too, have protested getting a minivan. For some reason I'm just hung up on the fact that my mom drove us around in one for my whole life. Kel just got a new Honda Odessey, and LOVES it. And, I have to say, every single woman I know who has a van says they'd never choose anything else!
Post a Comment
<< Home