Trade offs
Each day I wake up the first thing I think is, how long is this day going to be? I know it's probably a strange way to start out the day, but I swear these days lately are so long. Maybe it's because it's been really cold here, we haven't had a temperature above freezing in nearly a month. Perhaps it's because of the terrible inversion that comes with the freezing weather or the dense fog that when combined with that inversion could make me think I'm alone in this little house, out in the middle of nowhere. Some days, the boys and I stay in our pajamas all day, something I'm trying to make a better effort at since my neighbor stopped by last week at 2:00 in the afternoon only to find us all still in our PJ's. I thought I'd feel better once the nausea finally stopped but so far, other than not running to the toilet every hour, I'm still exhausted and consider it a successful day if I vacuum one room or empty the dishwasher. I got the basic's down and most days I remember to change diapers and feed Peanut and Walnut, but it seems like anything above and beyond that will just have to wait. Wait for what I'm not sure, my last two pregnancies I felt great after the first trimester, I had energy and got things done before I got too big. This time around I just feel tired, maybe the twins are sucking twice the energy from me or maybe I'm just old and lazy, either way at the rate I'm growing I'll be to fat to get around even if I do get any last minute bursts of energy. My belly is growing at an amazing rate, I'm already having problems carrying Walnut, and I can see I won't be able to pick him up much longer. Oh well, I guess that's the trade off for having two babies at once.


3 Comments:
You look super cute pregnant. And it looks to me like you are at least getting a shower in every day, so in my opinion, every day is a success!
I've been so sick again that I only make it to the shower about every three days - yuck! My new home is the couch. I literally spend my entire days there. I've never been more grateful for good friends who have taken over for me. They call every day to check on me, take the girls off my hands most days, and bring us dinner at night. How great is that???
you look great! Hang in there.
Contrats to you all! I am so excited for you. It will be great to have twins in the family. You look amazingly good. I think you will be one of those preg moms with skinny everything and only a big belly. CUTE! Way to go and I am so thrilled for you!
Post a Comment
<< Home