Thursday, January 11, 2007

I'm not two anymore!


Can you believe how fast time flies? I swear it was just yesterday I was bringing my beautiful little baby home from the hospital. It's been an amazing three years. A few days ago Peanut turned three years old. We had a small get together, with a cake of course, Peanut wanted a school bus cake...I did my best (don't judge too harshly). He got some great gifts and finally got to blow out his own candles, let me explain. For the last couple of months we've been prepping Peanut on his upcoming birthday, things like he won't be two anymore, instead he'll be three. We taught him how to hold up the extra finger to make three, we also told him he could have his own birthday cake and he could blow out three candles that really got him going. Every birthday we've attended in the last two months we've actually had to hold him back from blowing out the candles. He was so looking forward to that exact moment, that when it finally came and I set his school bus cake lit with three little candles in front of him he hesitated for a moment and looked a me to see if it was really ok that he blew them out. Peanut finally pulled it together and blew out the candles like a champ. I hope he got his wish. I know I did, I couldn’t ask for a better little Peanut. It was a great day.

2 Comments:

At January 13, 2007 at 12:03 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Fun! That first picture makes the cake look enormous! I know for our girls blowing out other people's candles is a huge temptation. But then again, they usually have cousins that blow theirs own when it's finally their turn.

It makes us all laugh when we have to re-light the cake and sing again, just so the right birthday kid gets their own chance.

 
At January 15, 2007 at 4:46 PM, Blogger Mr. & Mrs. Adventure said...

I love the birthday bus-cake! It looks delicious, I'm impressed that you cam make a cake into a school bus.

Hop on my blog..I finally managed to make a new addition.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home