Wednesday, December 27, 2006

"I never wanted that!"


So Christmas has come and gone; and I for one couldn’t be happier. I have to say we had a great Christmas; it was so much fun to see the boys open all the gifts and be so excited by each one. All Peanut asked for all Christmas season was a bicycle with peddles. Christmas morning came and that’s all he wanted, I'm glad Santa listened and got one. The look on Peanut's face when he came down those stairs and saw his shiny new bike with peddles under the tree was priceless. The first words out of his mouth were "I never wanted that!" At first I was confused, the words coming out of his mouth were in sharp contrast to the happy look on his face. Then I realized he'd messed up his words, he meant "I always wanted that". He continued to say he "never wanted that" to every present he opened. We had to translate for Grandma who was as shocked as we were. I tried to correct him over and over but he never got it straight. Peanut made out like a bandit and loved everything he got, even the clothes.

Walnut also got some great stuff but true to his age he preferred to play in the discarded boxes and wrapping paper. It was a great Christmas, but I'm so ready to put away all the stuff. I think I'll hold out until after the new year before taking the tree down but not one minute longer.

3 Comments:

At December 28, 2006 at 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christmas was so fun with everyone! I love how appreciative and sweet Peanut is when he gets something. I hope when I have kids, they will be that nice when they receive gifts.

 
At December 29, 2006 at 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a good Christmas! I hope you guys have a wonderful New Year too! Please try to stay up past 8:30. Remember the longer you keep them up the longer they MAY sleep in! Good Luck!

 
At December 31, 2006 at 5:32 PM, Blogger Kim said...

It was great to talk to you the other day. It was nice to hear you had a good Christmas. This year I feel the same as you, though, I can't wait to put it all away.

Let us know when you can come see us!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home