Party of Six

I guess I have an announcement of sorts to make. Early this summer our little family will become a "party of six". Yep, we're having twins! I know you’re shocked, well just imagine how I took the news! We always knew we wanted more children, so when we found ourselves pregnant this fall, we were a little surprised but mostly just happy. Last month, the One that works and I went to my routine OB appointment and the doctor examined me and said, "you look a little big". Ok, now what woman wants to hear she's a little big? I don't care what the circumstances are, I already know I'm a little big, please don't announce it to everyone and then put it in writing in my chart! By the time I hit the ultrasound room, I was feeling a little picked on, this is my third pregnancy after all! The second the ultrasound touched my belly, I saw the babies. TWO BABIES! The tech made the announcement "there's two in there". I immediately started crying, the One who works, who was holding my hand at the time, started giggling! The only thing I could think of was, I already have a baby at home! Oh my gosh! I'm going to have four children ages three and under! I'm sure we were quite a sight. I finally pulled it together enough to ask the routine questions about size and heartbeats. The babies were fine and measuring perfectly. I finally told the One who works he had to stop giggling, he was making me nervous. We pulled ourselves together and with our newly printed ultrasound pictures left the office. We spent the next few hours telling our parents and family, we actually drove to their houses, I wanted to see their faces when we told them. It was priceless, some laughed, some cried, some did not know what to say...I know how they feel.

*************************** Baby "A" **************************
************************** Baby "B" ***************************
It's been 4 weeks since we found out about the twins, and I'm happy to say they're doing great, growing right on schedule. In our ultrasound today, we saw them move, kick, suck on their tiny fingers and flex their tiny toes. They're beautiful. We're going to find out the genders in about 3 weeks. I'd love to have some girls but already know I love little boys, so whatever comes we'll take and love. I should clarify one thing, when I burst into tears in that first ultrasound, all the nurses and Doctor said "oh, we're so sorry, it'll be ok" I think they thought that I was unhappy about the twins, but truth be told, it was just the opposite. I was crying with unbelievable joy, I couldn’t believe I had won this wonderful lottery, sure I was feeling overwhelmed and shocked, but not for one instant did I think I'd ever want to have it any other way. Lots of things are going to change in the next few months, most noticeable will probably be my size, yep, I'm going to get big...really big, but I don't care, I can't wait until this spring when we'll be a party of six!


7 Comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
How exciting for your family. I can't even imagine how much fun you are going to have.
I Love you!
Kimberly
Congratulations!!! I hope you can make it on Friday. The more the merrier the better.
Luv
Shami
congrats again guys!!!
luvs -
TWINS!! OH MY GOSH!!! You need a supermom award! I am so happy for you and your family!
~Patricia
You sound like you're in wonderful spirits about it! I'm so glad!!! I would have been crying for a different reason. That would just freak me out. But if anyone I know can handle the chaos of having four little ones, it's you! Congratulations, we're very excited for you (and very excited it's not us). ;)
Yahooooooooooooooooo! I am so excited about the party of six. You know that I'm always willing to help out. I've been checking your blog every day waiting for you to share the great news. They are going to be so cute!!!
What!! Twins? Are you kidding Mel? I will go get some bifocals. Mom
Post a Comment
<< Home