Bye bye elf ears...oh, and tonsils too!
Peanut giving the "thumbs-up" before surgerySome of you may not have noticed my little peanut's ears, they're very unique....well they used to be. Peanut was born with little points on the tops of both his ears. Over the years we've grown accustomed to them and I'm always a little startled when other little children point them out. Peanut was also born with very large tonsils and adenoids. Even as a baby, when Peanut was examined, the doctor was always startled by how large his tonsils were. At his recent well check-up the pediatrician recommended that the tonsils and adenoids come out, Peanut has never had strep throat, or ear infections of any kind but with the size of the tonsils the doctor felt as though Peanut was a risk of developing sleep apnea. So off the the surgeon we go. Peanut's surgeon happens to also be a plastic surgeon and recommended removing the pointy little ear bumps as well. So last week our little guy underwent surgery, he did very well. I had second thoughts up until the last minute, but fortunately The One who Works is much tougher than me and held strong. I just couldn't help feeling like there was something wrong about taking a perfectly healthy child into surgery to make him miserable for the next two weeks. Needless to say we all survived. Peanut was happy to go into surgery with all the strange doctors and nurses and barely paused to wave goodbye to his nervous mother. Peanut has recovered exceptionally well. I guess there is something to be said about "the younger the better" for this surgery. Despite a few bumpy days he's on the road to recovery. I'm sure he'll be his old self in no time. +March+16+-(Jack%27s+tonsil+%26+ear+surgery)(phone)-+008.jpg)
+March+16+-(Jack%27s+tonsil+%26+ear+surgery)(phone)-+008.jpg)
Just out of surgery


3 Comments:
Can't say that I've ever noticed his ears. That must have been hard on you, to send your baby under the knife for what seemed to be no reason at all.
But he'll thank you when he's older. Something as insignificant as pointy ears can cause a major complex in his early teens. Kids are just so mean sometimes!
And hopefully he'll never even have to worry about the possibility of sleep apnea. The Man is a sufferer of it, and it's terrible! Glad to hear everything went well and your little Peanut is on the road to recovery.
Poor little Peanut! Give him hugs and kisses for me. Things have been so busy here that I haven't been up to see him since his surgery. I hope you're hanging in there!
I'm glad Peanut was quite the little tropper! I know it must have been tough for you. I'm sorry I didn't make it up there last week. I have not been feeling too hot and I didn't want to risk getting any of you sick.
Glad all is well - Hang in there.
Post a Comment
<< Home