Thursday, March 08, 2007

Typhoid Mary?...nope, Influenza Melanie

OK, so I've been online a hundred times over the last two weeks, but mostly because I was too exhausted to do anything else. I couldn't even blog because it required too much thought, and I was just too tired. About two weeks ago I caught what I thought was a little cold. No big surprise there, I tend to pick up various maladies when I'm pregnant. I guess with two little babies sucking up all my immunities, it was bound to happen sooner or later. So I suffer for a day or two with the typical symptoms, sniffles, cough, and headache. Then it hits, the fever, the chills, the achy body. Thank goodness it's a Friday, I call the One who Works home so he can watch the kids and I can be sick in peace. The peace only lasted 2 days. Sunday morning I woke to two kids with raging fevers, and a husband with symptoms as bad as my own. I knew I needed to get the kids to the Doctor, but with terrible illnesses of our own, the One who Works and I were useless. I called my mom. Can I just say THANK GOODNESS for my mom! She immediately rushed to my house dragging reinforcements with her, in the form of my little sister H. They took over the house, and the sick kids. The One who Works and I collapsed into bed. Over the next 4 hours or so each of us made it to the Doctor. The kids both tested positive for Influenza, mine probably started out that way, but by the time I got to the Doctor I had Bronchitis, within a few days the One who Works would also be diagnosed with Bronchitis. It was a rough 10 days, my Mom and sister stayed a couple of days to get us through the worst of it, but within a day or two of returning home they both got sick too. Even my Father in law who brought dinner twice and barely stayed 10 minutes, got sick. My Mother in law was already sick, she had probably caught it from me in the beginning. Another sister of mine called and offered to come over, I told her I wouldn't even open the door for her, whatever this was it was very contagious and miserable and that was the last thing she needed at her house. The One who Works ended up missing an entire week of work, and now two weeks after this all started we're still dealing with runny noses and slight coughs, but we're so much better. Thank you, thank you to all who helped us, I know we repaid you with your very own case of Influenza, but we couldn't have gotten through it without you. We'll make it up to you somehow. Maybe a couple of new babies in a few months?

1 Comments:

At March 8, 2007 at 4:46 PM, Blogger Kim said...

I'm so sorry!!! I know exactly what you're going through. It is so miserable being pregnant and that sick. I dealt with three bouts of flu and bronchitis in our house over this winter. It's been years since I've been THAT sick. It was awful. I hope that this ends very soon and STAYS AWAY!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home