Sunny side up
OK, so after sitting home, hiding in my air conditioned house for weeks we finally decided to take an outing. Peanut was going to ride his bike in the local July 4th parade so we decided to pack everybody up and go cheer him on. We had a great time, and thankfully the parade was early so we beat most of the heat. He rode his little heart out, and was so proud of his decorated bike, he wouldn't let walnut anywhere near it!
+July+04+-+007small.jpg)
+July+04+-+002small.jpg)
After the parade we headed back to the comfort of our beloved air conditioning. It's been hot here, and unlike the babies I don't enjoy the heat. The babies however love to sun themselves outside. Our little guy, we'll call him "Red" (for the hair he was born with) was born with a case of jaundice and so we took him into the sun daily for his 3 minute sun bath. He would just lay there his eyes closed basking in the sunshine, it was a welcome change from the screaming our little Red often does when we set him down....I think he has the temperament to go along with his red hair. Princess seems to enjoy sun bathing as much as her brother, so we've made it a ritual of sorts to sun bathe the babies each evening. I think they look so cute, laying there all snuggled up to one another, like little eggs cooking sunny side up.
+July+07+-+017small.jpg)
Our big boys play in the pool and I hide in the shade eating a Popsicle. So overall things are good here. Our Princess got her oxygen off last Friday, she still has the breathing/HR monitor but it's so nice to see her little face without all those tubes. Hope every one's summer is as nice as mine!
+July+02+-+036small.jpg)


5 Comments:
I love the pictures and have been waiting impatiently for an update. :) I love the picture of Peanut on his bike. I can just see him using all of his "mighty powers" to go "super, super fast." As soon as I can function like a normal human, I will happily watch the big boys and take them out for field trips.
"Precious" is all I can say. I love the pictures. They help me feel like a part of this family even though I'm hidden away in the southern corner of the state. Jennie, you're actually a SUPER HUMAN but I know how you feel about wanting to function like a normal human.
Aunt Beaner
Hi Melanie,
This is Abbey, Matt's wife. Tristie has got me started on this blogging stuff and now I am hooked. Your little babies look so precious! I am glad to see that they're both doing well. I can't wait to meet them. You're other two were so adorable at the McDermott reunion. They've both grown up so much since the last time I saw them!
Oh, my gosh, they are the cutest! It's good to hear you've made it out of the house! That's quite an accomplishment after giving birth to twins! I'm so happy all is well with your beautiful family.
Finally accessed your blog -- I loved seeing all the cute pics and reading all your comments. You are a brave, patient woman (or at least you've convinced me you are)! I'm old enough now to say these days won't last forever, so enjoy while you can. I know, all the old ladies say such things, but it's true. I think I'm going to have to start one of these things too (the blog, not the baby thing).
Post a Comment
<< Home