Outnumbered!
+June+21+-+028small.jpg)
It's official, we're outnumbered! I realized this at some point last night, when I was awakened by a tiny little cry...must be our princess, she always cries like a kitten, she was followed by her brother, who's cry I might add sounds nothing like a kitten, more like a loud wailing lamb...baah, baah, BAAH! Mew, mew, baah, baah, the cries growing louder by the second, as I quickly try to change two babies in the dark and get them latched on to nurse. I should add at this point that nursing twins is a challenge and unless you have a good sense of humor about it should not be attempted in front of any witnesses. I have this gigantic twins nursing pillow, it's a life saver but fairly comedic to see in action. I only wish I could post a picture, but since it's not exactly "G" rated and I think I've frightened my new brother-in-law enough, we'll just leave it for the imagination. I'm finally able to get us all situated, both babies latched on and sucking away (a whole new level of pain, I'll go into another time), when I hear Walnut crying. I usually just let him cry it out, but it goes on for some time, I should check on him. Needless to say I'm a little busy, so I yell at the One who Works, who up to this point has been snoring away peacefully in the bed next to me. He does not answer, must be really tired. The wailing is getting louder from Walnut's room, soon I hear Peanut yelling at Walnut to stop crying. Oh great, now Peanut's awake and whining. Aggh! In my distraction, the babies have unlatched, milk is now squirting them in the face...baah, baah, mew, mew...BAAH, BAAH, MEW, MEW! Walnut is now wailing and Peanut is screaming at him to be quiet! BAAH, BAAH, MEW, MEW, WAIL, WAIL, SCREAM, SCREAM....snore, snore, snore. It's three in the morning, what else can I do, I'm holding two screaming babies, who by now are soaked with spraying milk, trying to calm Walnut from where I am, while yelling at Peanut to stop yelling at Walnut. It's at this point I realize I'm seriously outnumbered, I should have joined them at this point, and just started crying too, but something about the whole situation just struck me as funny and I just laughed instead. Thankfully, we all slept in this morning, when we finally did get up, and before he headed off for work, the One who Works and I just looked at each other through our bloodshot eyes and said "just twelve hours, we only have to survive the next twelve hours and then we can go back to bed and get some sleep". So wish me luck today, I'm on hour 4 and still in my pajamas, but at least the boys are dressed, and the babies have been changed, they were beginning to smell like sour milk. Only 8 hours left, I can make it.


7 Comments:
So glad you've documented these crazy moments...I don't think people realize just what it's like to care for a baby, ESPECIALLY two, AND a toddler, and try and run a household and get enough sleep to function! Way to laugh instead of cry...although I think you will probably do your fair share of the other. Hang in there, we are all thinking about you!
My goodness! You do have a handful. The babies are beautiful and what a fantastic family picture. Hang in there - try to keep laughing.
The family picture is so cute. Wished we could be closer to let you have an hour or two of rest. Hang in there!! They do grow up.
Brenda
So funny ... since it's not me. Ah, the joys of parenting. I wish you all the luck in the world each and every night with your little farm animals!
I am so happy the twins are here. Addison and Greyson. It is like Christmas morning. I am so happy that Addi was able to come home. Hopefully before too long she can get off her moniter and oxygen. Gongratulations Melanie and Jeramie!! Bob and I are so happy to have more grandchildren!!! You know raising children ain't for sissies!! It's amazing how you can survive with less sleep and do things you never dreamed you would do. Reality bites!! Kiss the leisure days of being childless and single goodbye!But it is so worth it!!!And actually alot of fun at times. I appreciate your sense of humor . It will get you through the good and bad times.
J and M you two are amazing! Love your blog. Keeps me entertained, connected, and close. I echo the phrase, "Parenting isn't for sissys." You two are tough cookies. Keep things light and happy there if possible. This, too, shall pass and then you'll be sorry it's over. We all love you. Know you have a huge fan club. Keep the pictures and great commentary coming.
Love, Aunt Beaner
Wow! Truly out numbered, but a beautiful family. Keep the smiles on, it really does go by fast!
Miss you all very much.
Post a Comment
<< Home