Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Kiddie Kandid


There comes a time with every new baby that you finally want to have their pictures taken. With my first child I could not wait to get to the studio and capture my beautiful baby in pictures, I remember it vividly, I had him all clean and had several changes of clothes to get the best shots. The One Who Works and I both took him and fussed and adjusted our little newborn to get him looking as perfect in the pictures as we were sure he was in reality. Needless to say things have changed a bit, I still wanted to get pictures of our latest additions but I was dreading it this time. I'm not sure I even bathed the babies before we went this time. We left the big boys at home, knowing full well their presence would make a difficult situation impossible. First problem, we had to wait nearly an hour and a half before they could even get started...I think this was where the trouble really began. When we finally did get into the studio, Little Red was already screaming. I was hoping for a couple of quick shots and to get out of there by feeding time, I was seriously mistaken. First we tried to get a of picture of the twins together, no luck, Little Red was screaming nonstop, so we got a shot of Princess that was pretty good. Just then the camera breaks, and we loose the one good shot we got of Princess. We probably just should have left at this point and tried some other day, but how often are we going to find ourselves at the mall without the big boys...never, so we stayed. We tried various shots, we tried holding him, rocking him, nothing seemed to work, then after a couple of hours we finally got him to sleep, I think it was more a 30 second break from crying due to pure exhaustion, but whatever the reason we finally got a picture of the babies together sleeping, YEA!

By the time we were finished, the mall was closed, and we were tired! I was wet down the front of me, because Princess peed on me after striping her down for one of her shots, but I was the lucky one, Little Red pooped all over The One Who Works.

Thankfully they were able to retrieve Princess's one good shot they had lost earlier, so we left with our three good pictures it took us only four hours to get!

3 Comments:

At August 3, 2007 at 1:59 PM, Blogger Kim said...

What a good momma. We're going on four months over here without one professional picture of our little man. I just can't seem to get myself together enough to do more than take my own pictures at home or when we go out. Slacker, I know.

Your babies are gorgeous.

 
At August 5, 2007 at 6:48 AM, Blogger Tristie hearts Dax said...

ARG! What a nightmare. I think every mom has a nightmare baby picture story...ARG! Kiddie Kandids is usually so good and fast, I am sorry for the hours of torture.

 
At August 6, 2007 at 2:14 PM, Blogger HeRoosSheRoos said...

So sweet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home