Sunday, September 09, 2007

Devil Indeed


OK, so I totally stole this recipe. I actually found it posted on a relatives blog last week. It came with a warning that this evil little treat might cause one to over indulge, and that by posting this wicked little recipe she would assume no responsibility over such actions....I would like to state the same.

Tristie's Evil Oatmeal Fudge Squares
cream together:
1 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
then add:
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 t soda
1 t salt
2 cups oats
in separate bowl melt together:
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 cups chocolate chips (12 oz)
2 T butter
1 t vanilla
Pat 3/4 of the oatmeal mixture into a greased 9x13 pan. Pour on chocolate mixture. Then patchwork the remaining dough on top. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.

These are absolutely fabulous! They are fast to make, it took me less than five minutes to put everything together and only 25 minutes to cook. Which is good since five minutes is about the only free time I'm going to get today....well that's not entirely true. Once out of the oven these were so good I helped myself to a big square and locked myself in the bathroom to eat it in peace (lately the bathroom is the only place I can find any!) Anyway, as you can see we all enjoyed them, nothing like a little evil fudge to brighten ones day!

5 Comments:

At September 9, 2007 at 4:08 PM, Blogger nymanzanita said...

This is one of my FAVORITE recipes. I submitted it for our ward cookbook a couple of months ago. It is divine! Yum! Yum!

 
At September 10, 2007 at 9:18 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Ok, like I need another reason to add an extra five pounds to my rear end. But after seeing it all over your boys' faces, I can't resist. Looks like I know what we're having for our FHE treat tonight.

 
At September 11, 2007 at 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm, I can't wait to make these. We bought the ingredients last night. My only concern...there are only two of us here and what if we eat the ENTIRE pan?!

 
At September 12, 2007 at 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pictures made me email the recipe home so that I can make them for Sunday's treats. Thanks for sharing!

 
At September 16, 2007 at 10:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! I am so glad you got my recipe and loved it! you made my day. They are SOO good...I told you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home