Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Swing Away


Last month one of our neighbors moved out of state. They left behind a nice little swing set with the condition that if someone without children bought their house, we could have the set. Well, Friday we got the call that a single man would be closing on the house within 48 hours, so if we wanted the swing set we needed to get it ASAP!

The One Who Works had that thing in pieces in minutes, and began hauling it across the street back to our house. At one point Peanut said "we'd better hurry before they come home and catch us" I think he thought we were stealing it! I'm sure all the other neighbors wondered why we were stealing from the abandoned house as well. He managed pretty well, I wish I could have gotten pictures of him carrying that huge thing across the street all by himself but I was laughing so hard at the sight of it I forgot to grab the camera.

Needless to say our boys love it, as I'm sure you can tell by the looks on their faces. OK, so we have a park right behind our house but my boys are too little to go there by themselves, so this is much better. They can play right in the back yard were I can see them out there swinging away.

5 Comments:

At September 19, 2007 at 2:12 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Sweet! I love free stuff from neighbors. That's a great swingset to have right in your backyard. Yeah for the boys! (and for the few extra minutes of peace their playing by themselves outside might bring you!)

 
At September 19, 2007 at 9:06 PM, Blogger HeRoosSheRoos said...

I'm sure the boys are in heaven! We had a swing set in Roy and if we got high enough, one of the poles would pop out of the ground a little and make a noise. We called it the croaking frog. Oh the memories. I still love to swing and feel so care free!

 
At September 19, 2007 at 11:46 PM, Blogger Tristie hearts Dax said...

you totally scored! i am happy for all of you!

 
At September 20, 2007 at 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice swing set for you and the boys! Looks like they will have lots of fun on it. Excellent work.

 
At September 20, 2007 at 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is AWESOME! I cant wait to come swing with the boys. (bty its Ms. Adventure..who is gonna make a new blog, since the old one is no longer accessible. Go figure.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home