Diva Denver weekend
+September+29+-+Denver+girls+weekend+014small.jpg)
Where do I begin, perhaps by saying that I came home from my "relaxing" girls weekend, away from my children, far more exhausted than I ever am here in my real life! I know I've introduced you all to my clan before, but for those of you who've joined me just recently, I'll recap. I have a group of girlfriends, some from as far back as kindergarten, that I see regularly, we even vacation together on occasion. Last weekend was one such occasion. This year we all met in Denver, Nic had a new condo we all wanted to see. Fortunately for us, Nic is also a flight attendant and graciously flew us all out. Five of us came from SLC, one from Las Vegas and my sister M from D.C. we all descended on Denver to see Nic Friday night. We had so much fun, Nic's place isn't exactly huge, so we pretty much took over every nook and cranny with our luggage and bedding, there were bodies sleeping everywhere...well not exactly sleeping, more like resting between gab fests!
+September+29+-+Denver+girls+weekend+002small.jpg)
That first night, I think we went to bed around 4AM. Unlike my mind, my body has no concept that my hungry babies are nearly 600 miles away, so I got a soggy wake up call at 7AM. After pumping/dumping what felt like a gallon of milk, we all got ready and hit the town. A little shopping and then off to a spa for the rest of the afternoon.
+September+29+-+Denver+girls+weekend+010small.jpg)
This spa was amazing, located in an huge old renovated mansion, we pretty much took the place over. We all had massages, sipped wine (that is those of us that are the wine sipping kind), drank tea and relaxed in our robes in luxuriously furnished antique rooms. What a day! I feel guilty to say I didn't think of my husband or children at all during this event, except for the 10 minute break I had to take, to again pump/dump for the twins who were undoubtedly screaming at that very moment nearly 600 miles away. By early evening we had worked up an appetite and in our zen state, ended up at a downtown Denver steakhouse, more talk, more laughing and after a couple of hours salsa dancing, back to our cozy little condo for some serious fun...arm wrestling.
+September+29+-+Denver+girls+weekend+015small.jpg)
+September+29+-+Denver+girls+weekend+017small.jpg)
Don't ask me why we do this, every year the same girls win and the same girls loose, I'm somewhere near the top third in winning, but probably only because I outweigh all the others by at least 50lbs! For the men reading this it's not as sexy as it sounds and it's certainly no pillow fight (but we've done that too) but I can say we did it all while in our PJ's! That night, sleep was even more elusive, I think we said goodnight after 6AM!
+September+29+-+Denver+girls+weekend+012small.jpg)
+September+29+-+Denver+girls+weekend+013small.jpg)
We got almost three hours before we had to get up and head to the airport. We all said goodbye and promised to make it to the next event...a weekend next spring at a Napa wine vineyard. I can't wait! And for those of you out there wondering how a mom of four, including 3 month old twins can get away for such an event, I'd just like to say one thing...I have a wonderful husband, a Mom I truly could not live without and a really good electric breast pump!


5 Comments:
I never thought I could be jealous of a mom with 4 kids three and under, but your weekend sounds amazing! I think it's awesome that you have stayed so close to your friends.
Kristin
I loved seeing pictures of all your friends. (Only one I don't recognize.) What a great trip! You are extremely lucky that your husband is okay with you getting away like that without the kiddos. All moms need trips like that. Good for you for taking some time for yourself. You deserve it!!!
Hey there Melanie, I am so glad you girls all made it out to my hood! I love you all sooooo much and feel so blessed to have such wonderful friends in my life! I hope all is well and your babies didn't miss you too much! Thanks again for everything!
Nic
ps: Thanks a lot of posting pictures of me on the internet in my skivvies! :)
Looks like you had a great time!
That was so fun to read! It was like I was reliving the whole thing. That was a good time...although I'm still trying to catch up on sleep! M
Post a Comment
<< Home