Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Thirty-four


My Mom told me it was her best year, she flew on an airplane for the first time in her whole life, she went to Hawaii with my Grandmother on an all expenses paid two week vacation and she wasn't pregnant or nursing anyone! I can only hope my thirty-fourth year is as good. I won't be able to have my first flight, since I logged thousands of sky miles in my former jet setting life, but maybe I could do some other "first" like run a mini marathon or something? I've been to Hawaii dozens of times (not that a relaxing trip to Maui isn't just what I'd love right now) but maybe I could find a new place to visit a little closer to home, like a bed and breakfast in one of the local canyons, it would be nice to talk to my husband again...without the dozens of interruptions we have in the form of children at our house. Lastly, I can say without a doubt that I have no plans to be pregnant in the next year, I think my sanity is a fine line that I'm barely tip toeing along at this point. I have grand plans to have the twins weaned by the first of the the year, perhaps my body will belong to me again soon. You know, thirty-four doesn't feel all that different than fourteen, the outside of me looks older but the inside of me feels the same, kind of scary, no wonder my grandparents got such a kick out of watching all us grand kids, they probably felt like us on their insides. All in all, I have grand plans for this next year of my life, I've only been thirty-four for couple of days and so far it's been great.

2 Comments:

At December 5, 2007 at 7:43 PM, Blogger Tristie hearts Dax said...

happy b-day wonder woman! 34 years young. You've accomplished a ton. I am so glad I am not the only one who still thinks I am a teenager. And then I look around and see kids...

 
At December 7, 2007 at 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you had a wonderful day - and to many more!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home