An Angel, a Devil and a Pirate times two!
+October+31+-+027.jpg)
So I'm not a big fan of Halloween. Maybe it's because I never really got into the whole "trick or treat" thing as a kid or maybe it's because I spent most of my adult life working that particular night so that Moms and Dads could have it off to be with their kids. Lets just say at this point in my life... I finally get it. I finally understand why Dads work extra hours all week to get off early from work to be home in time to take their kids door to door. I finally get why Moms stay up until midnight to sewing the final touches on that perfect costume their kid requested. For us it was all of the above and a trip to the fabric store with two screaming babies, nothing makes me throw together costume ideas faster than the "encouragement" of wailing twins.
+October+31+-+004small.jpg)
+October+31+-+006small.jpg)
All in all I think it came together pretty well. Peanut and Walnut looked absolutely adorable in the pirate costumes that their Grandmother made for them. The babies costumes were really an after thought, and were literally made in less than an hour the day before Halloween.
+October+30+-+Addi+angel+001small.jpg)
+October+30+-+Little+devil+010small.jpg)
I'm sure the twins didn't realize the irony of their costumes but as I dragged them from door to door following our two little pirates, I couldn't help but notice how peaceful our little Princess was as she looked around at all the sights and sounds and in contrast our Little Red screaming so loud and hard that his little face was very nearly the color of his devil outfit! OK, so my house is a mess, the toilets need scrubbing, the laundry is piling up, and I can't remember the last time I fed my kids something other than M&M's and Dum Dum suckers but it's Halloween and my kids look great!


6 Comments:
All four of them look absolutely wonderful. I want a picture of them to put on my fridge. If they would've knocked on my door, they would've got extra candy for being so cute!
Oh, my, those are just about the cutest pirates ever! Funny how all our kids end up being the same things. Miss Priss was a devil for her first halloween, and angel for her second, and both girls were pirates last year. Keep following our trend and your boys will end up being princesses for at least the next two years!!!
I have to say I think my boys would look fabulous even in princess dresses...however I'm pretty sure The One Who Works would die before one stitch of pink frufy anything touched their bodies!
sounds about like my halloween only you guys actually look really amazing. I don't have it quite together yet like you do, but there is a reason i was only blessed with one baby instead of 2.
Sooooooo cute. Thank for posting all these cute photos. Keeps me connected to the people I love. By the way, I loved seeing everyone in person last weekend.
SOOOO CUTE!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home