Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My Valentine


What is his name? Jer to me, or occasionally hon, but since Walnut has recently started calling me hon too, we've stopped using the nickname

How long have you been together? Married for five and a half years, dating and close friends for three before that.

How old is he? 34, a whole six weeks older than me!

Who eats more? Seriously, do I have to admit this? I can easily out eat him at nearly every meal, but he has a serious junk food/sweet tooth that I luckily do not have, I guess that makes us about even.

Who said "I love you" first? He did, I think on our third date he told me he was going to marry me. I've been grateful everyday of my life since then, that he actually did.

Who is taller? That's a close one, but I think he probably is, but only by millimeters.

Who sings better? I really can't sing, but he really can't sing even more.

Who does the laundry? Me, unless he's out of underwear.

Who pays the bills? Me, he started out doing them but I've taken over the last few years. We're both are very organized, keep excellent records and have great credit scores and so when it comes to bills we're on the same page.

Who sleeps on the right side? Him, he's closer to the bathroom and further from the door. I think we "rocked off" for that.....obviously, I lost.

Who mows the lawn? He does, I've never mowed a lawn in my life, and I have no interest in learning.

Who cooks? I do. Although if I was going to be gone for days, I'm pretty sure he can read the mac & cheese box.

Who drives? Mostly him, but I drive on a regular basis too, especially on long trips, we take turns.

Who is more stubborn? He would definitely say me, but on occasion if he's really passionate about something he gets his way.

Who kissed who first? He kissed me first. But I wanted it SO bad.

Who has more friends? Probably me, my friends are close by and we are very active in each other’s lives. His friends are spread out all over the country and we don't get opportunities to see them very often.

Who has more siblings? I have six, he has one.

Who wears the pants? I want to say we each get a leg, but he'd probably say he gets a pocket.

Three random things about me ...
1. I miss working desperately, but cannot imagine not being here with my children.
2. I used to be an incurable dog lover...had children = CURED!
3. I dream of expensive, luxury vacations with my husband, but for now will settle for the five minutes we get to talk in bed, before we fall asleep. I love you Honey!

Now I tag Mindi, Tristie, and Destiny.

9 Comments:

At February 12, 2008 at 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful Valentine tribute to love! I hope your love keeps growing and growing and you get every joy and happiness you want out of life.
Love.G>R.

 
At February 12, 2008 at 1:24 PM, Blogger nymanzanita said...

This post is too sweet! I loved your comment about who wears the pants...ha.

 
At February 12, 2008 at 2:18 PM, Blogger HeRoosSheRoos said...

This was sweet and you'll be happy to know that you didn't even gross me out. I'm glad my brother has excellent taste and married you!

 
At February 12, 2008 at 2:29 PM, Blogger Kim said...

I must admit, I was surprised to hear you're not a dog lover anymore. I mean, after kids I completely understand. Who needs both? Actually, we probably will have a dog someday. I think pets are important for kids. But we know that we're "not ready" for that yet.

I've never seen wedding pictures of you two before. You looked amazing. Still sorry I wasn't there.

 
At February 12, 2008 at 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is soo sweet! I sit here looking at the cruise picture thinking 'I knew it'. You two are very lucky people. I'm so happy for you both & what a sweet valentine.

 
At February 12, 2008 at 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way fun to read! Thank you for giving me something to blog about, I am leading a pretty boring life lately and feeling pretty pathetic about it.
Mindi

 
At February 13, 2008 at 9:02 PM, Blogger Lifes Great Adventures said...

To funny! I wrote about my valentine too, then I went to your blog and saw you wrote about yours. I guess great minds think alike! I'm tagged- what does this require me to do? It was fun to read about how you met.

 
At February 13, 2008 at 9:02 PM, Blogger Lifes Great Adventures said...

To funny! I wrote about my valentine too, then I went to your blog and saw you wrote about yours. I guess great minds think alike! I'm tagged- what does this require me to do? It was fun to read about how you met.

 
At March 13, 2008 at 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am witness to the fact that TOWW has a belting, full-range baritone voice that sings in harmony perfectly with his mother-in-law's soprano voice. TOWW and MIL (mother-in-law) will soon release their first CD "The Hills Are Alive While Back Seat Driving", a must have.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home