Movers and Shakers
There are movers and there are shakers. I am a mover. I move babies, laundry, dishes, toys, dirty diapers, blankets, trash, spilled milk, discarded pajamas, forgotten socks, sipper cups, pillows, important papers, used towels, toilet paper, rugs, blankets, cardboard boxes, bottles and an occasional wrench, all before 9AM. I am constantly cruising through my day picking up and moving things that are out of place. It's a big job, you see I'm the only mover in the house, all the rest are shakers, their sole job is to shake things up. They are the ones who spill the milk, create most of the laundry, move dishes into the front room, spread toys into every nook and cranny of the house, drop sipper cups, leave towels on the floor in the bathroom, change for school in a frenzy and leave PJ's on the kitchen floor, drop socks on the floor while watching TV, and discard candy wrappers on the stairs. I have become efficient as I move through my day, I've made it a habit to grab a rogue toy on my way up the stairs, drop it back in the boys toy box, fold a blanket from the floor and place it back on Peanuts bed, decide to quickly make his bed only to find a half eaten piece of cake between his sheets. I strip the sheets, gather them up, pick up a baby and head down stairs to start a load of laundry. I trip over a bathroom stool, have to put down the baby, return the stool to the bathroom, flush the toilet Peanut forgot, stuff the sheets into the washer only to find the boys pulled all their shoes off the shelves in a rush to get to school. I sit to replace and organize all the shoes, just as the phone rings. I talk quickly, grabbing that same baby and head back up the stairs to find it's twin has pulled all the clothes out of the two lowest drawers in the dresser. I put them all back in no particular order while wrapping up my phone call, moving through the rooms gathering up garbage. I remember the days of living without children and a husband, things actually stayed where you put them. Nothing ever moved out of place unless I moved it. You'd think with all the running around I do, up and down my stairs countless times throughout the day, it would be equivalent to a workout, but so for that doesn't seem to be the case. I guess I should be grateful for my little shakers, without them I'd have nothing to do but just.....sit. Imagine that.
My little "Shakers"


5 Comments:
Thank God for Movers! With all the shakin going on some goal oriented mover needs to create peace, organization and tranquility to the chaotic shakers world. You do it very well. Thank you ! My hat is off to you (I will not drop it on the floor!) Love, G.R.
You really do have a talent for writing.
I loved the "mover/shaker" theme!
-m
My house is an example of what happens when there are no movers- just shakers.
Very cute post...the kiddos are adorable!
AHH! I have finally found someone who has just put into words what goes through my mind (and what goes on in my apartment) everyday!
It gets a little confusing, frustrating, and exhausing, yes?
Post a Comment
<< Home