Friday, April 04, 2008

April Showers

********************Me and my beautiful little Boys*********

Yesterday afternoon, while I was talking to my sister M on the phone, I heard a loud scream. Walnut was crying about being wet. A little tidbit about Walnut I should probably share is that he hates to be wet...in any form. The tiniest drop of water on his PJ's from brushing his teeth require an immediate change of clothes, and heaven forbid he spill milk on his shirt, all peace and sanity goes right out the window until that foul thing is off his body. So, Walnut screaming about being wet was no great surprise for me, so I decided to ignore him and continue with my phone call. It was only when he came into my room, did I realize the full extent of the problem. Walnut was soaking wet from the waist up, I mean the front of his hair was dripping, his face was wet and his shirt was completely soaked, only his pants were dry. For a moment I was confused, and then as realization dawned on me I began to laugh....my head off! You see Walnut, although not potty trained yet, has been watching the other "boys" of the house use the bathroom, and despite my best efforts to talk him into sitting down on the few occasions we attempt to use the big boy potty, he prefers to stand up and "do it like a man" as TOWW (The One Who Works) would say. I guess Walnut decided to try and do it all on his own this afternoon and finding himself unable to get his pants down and diaper off, just reached in and pulled himself out as best he could. Now Walnut is a little boy and despite his best efforts he was only able to point himself straight up, barely clearing the waistband of his jeans, setting the poor boy up for a very memorable self potty training experience! Poor little guy, he just kept screaming PEE, PEE, PEE, blinking it out of his eyes as it dripped from his hair and all I could do was laugh and laugh, so hard in fact I almost had a little April Shower of my own!

5 Comments:

At April 4, 2008 at 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I can stop laughing I will comment. I give Walnut an E for effort. I guess doing it like a man isn't always easy! I think Walnut need some jeans with a stretchy elastic band. So he can point down. I'll bet he was quite shocked when he found the pee-shower was self-induced. He's so cute and we love him lots and lots! G.R.

 
At April 5, 2008 at 8:43 AM, Blogger ThatsBaloney said...

We've had lots of showers going on here lately but they've stayed on the bottom half (with a chance of hail). Poor walnut!

 
At April 8, 2008 at 4:19 PM, Blogger Nickole said...

That story is even funnier the second time. Poor Walnut he tries so hard to be a big boy. I'm glad you blogged about it.

 
At April 8, 2008 at 7:05 PM, Blogger HeRoosSheRoos said...

Too funny! Walnut will get his aim down in due time.

 
At April 13, 2008 at 1:38 PM, Blogger Tristie hearts Dax said...

I love the pic. What a great family! Hey, I know ben and tanelle because I graduated H.School with Tanelle and then years later, she and Ben moved into our student ward in Logan for a short time. Cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home