Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Playing Catch-Up

So Sweetie started out in life a little behind her twin brother. She was smaller, she was weaker, she was on a respirator, she spent a week longer in NICU, and she came home on oxygen and an apnea monitor. Little Red has been sailing through all the usual milestones on a regular basis. Sweetie however was just learning to roll over as Red was learning to crawl, she learned to sit up as he was standing on his own and now finally just as Little Red is taking his first steps, Sweetie is crawling. It happened yesterday for the first time, but I caught it on video today. I'm so excited for her, I know it probably seems like such a small thing but just imagine if you had to sit all day and watch those around you playing, moving and actually going to get what they want. She's so excited with her new found freedom, every time she crawls to something she giggles as she finally gets there and has it in her hands. I love it! I love her!

6 Comments:

At May 22, 2008 at 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a "accomplishment" for Sweetie. I am so happy to see her progressing. Last June when she born and had to spend time in the NICU. I was very sad and concerned. I wanted very much for that tiny girl to be part of your cute family. I think Sweetie and Red are wonderful. I'm excited to be helping them celebrate their year-old birthdays in June We Love them very much, G.R.

 
At May 22, 2008 at 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so exciting! I am so happy for all of you in no time at all you will never know that she was behind. Give her a big kiss and hug from me and my girls!

 
At May 22, 2008 at 7:12 PM, Blogger Brittany said...

SO CUTE!! She is such a sweet little girl!!! Love you all!! CAn't wait to see you!

 
At May 23, 2008 at 10:15 AM, Blogger HeRoosSheRoos said...

Yeaaa! Way to go Sweet Pea! Doesn't crawling look like so much work?

 
At May 23, 2008 at 8:19 PM, Blogger ThatsBaloney said...

That is so adorable! What a sweet little girl.

 
At May 27, 2008 at 9:05 AM, Blogger Kim said...

YEAH! I know exactly how you feel. I'm so happy for her that she finally has some independence. And now you have one more to be on the lookout for 24 hours a day. Yikes!! I loved that sweet little giggle at the end of the video. She is a doll!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home