The Story Behind 148 Cans
I am not a big fan of looking at adds, whether it be clothes, shoes or groceries, if I need it I just go and buy it. Well with the economy such as it is, I decided to take a gander at the latest grocery adds to see what I've been missing. Come to find out there's some really good deals out there. Must have been fate or maybe just good luck, but apparently this week is the Case Lot Sale at nearly every store I looked at, and I found about a dozen things I just could not pass up. So here's my dilemma, I have four kids, and although two are capable of walking through the store following in my general direction, the twins are not. My usual solution is to push a double stroller and "hold" whatever few items I MUST have, but since this was a case lot sale I knew I needed another option. I was a machine, I had it all mapped out, exactly what I needed at each store and a purse full of chicken nuggets, we were ready! We hit three grocery stores in 45 minutes and managed to pack every spare square inch in the minivan with cans. Actually it was kinda fun, we'd pull into the store and I'd search desperately for the largest cart they had available, I'd unload the kids, Little Red strapped into the seat, Sweetie in the basket, Peanut and Walnut each holding onto one side of the cart. We'd move as fast as we could to exactly what I needed and then I'd load up the basket with cases and bags until little Sweetie would scream as her space became more and more cramped. Then we'd run to get checked out while I dolled out chicken nuggets from my purse to keep everybody quiet. Three times we did this, in and out of each store, I think it was at Albertsons on their bulk isle we had our "perfect" moment for the day. A fun song was playing on the store loud speaker when my boys decided to dance, they were grooving right there in the middle of the isle, Sweetie stood up and inspired by her dancing brothers started dancing too, Little Red strapped down as he was, just clapped instead. I had to laugh, I'm sure people thought we were crazy....hey, but what's new for us? One hour later I pulled back into our driveway and proceeded to "unload" sleeping kids, and cans, lots and lots of cans!


4 Comments:
You always seem to amaze me with your efficency and creativeness and an eye for a good deal!! I am glad it was a positive experience. Chicken nuggets really helped make that shopping experience possible. I love the idea of music and having fun grooving together.Wow that's alot of cans. Watch out the grocery guru will be calling you for tips!!! Love,G.R.
I'm seriously impressed! Isn't it nice to get some good deals on stuff you use all the time? We stocked up too.
Isn't it fun! I got $200 of groceries for $84 in 30 minutes w/ 4,2,1&1. I love giving people the "why do you look at ME like I'M crazy" look.
I'm visiting from Baloney's blog.
Your post really made me smile. You handing out chicken nuggets from your purse was a hoot! A mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do!
I just have one little one I have to haul around to the grocery stores and that is a pain to me. How you hauled 4 and did 3 stores in 45 minutes is uber impressive!! Way to go!
Post a Comment
<< Home