All Decked Out
Today someone called me a scrounger, I took it as a compliment. My brother in law will actually get most of the "scrounging" credit for this one, and we are grateful. The landscaping plants from our backyard oasis had barely begun to take root when TOWW and I inherited a used deck from a neighbor of my sister (thanks Emily). It seems we are actually unable to sit and enjoy our beautiful backyard for any length of time before another "project" gets invented and the work begins all over again. Although excited at the prospect of having a deck, I was dreading all the work and money I had imagined it would probably entail. Actually, it came together pretty quickly, TOWW had the whole thing designed and printed out before we had a single board in our possession, and other than a box of screws and a can of stain it the entire thing was free. The project consisted of dismantling the "old" deck at the neighbors, loading the entire thing onto a borrowed trailer, hauling it home and reassembling it into TOWW's creative design in our own yard.
*******************************Old Deck*********************************
*******************************Framed*********************************
*******************************Boards on********************************He had it built in two days, and after our prolonged waterfall/river project of the last three years, I was in shock....happy shock.
*******************************Sanding*********************************
*******************************Stain*********************************
*****************************Stain again****************************
*******************************Done!*********************************
****************Game of Tag WITHOUT getting a sliver********************We spent a couple of Saturdays sanding and staining, and the result...well you be the judge. But just in case you knock at the door and I don't answer, come around back, I'll be the scrounger in the lounger, sipping my lemonade, enjoying my beautiful backyard....finally.


9 Comments:
The deck looks awesome! TOWW did a great job.
A DONE project? It's very nice. Our current backyard project is stil-l-l-l-l-l-l-l under construction. Congratulations.
The deck looks great!!! I like the before and after pictures. Its hard to believe the transformation.
Awesome! It looks good and that's awesome it only took such a short time! Enjoy your backyard it looks great!
Destiny
WOW! I am so impressed. It looks great. We'll be over to hang out. :)
Great job! Amazed at your thriftyness, ingenuity, and hard work!! It makes the backyard even more paradise friendly. Now you may never have time for such nonsense as housework. Enjoy ,you guys earned it. Hoping that you will share it with us. Love,G.R
That's amazing! TOWW likes those home projects, doesn't he? Must be nice!
Okay...don't even call me a freak. You are the freak with that pet spider you have or had or whatever! Gross!
Your yard looks AWESOME!! Kirk is in the middle of working on ours right now and it looks awful. I'm so jealous. What a great deck! I'm very impressed with J's skills! And your's too!
Okay...so I don't think you are playing the game but I'm leaving a memory anyways...My memory is that you were always my mentor at SWA. I absolutely loved loved talking to you and getting your advice. You were always like another sister to me. You always had a way of making me feel better about everything! I sure do love ya!
And don't get mad at me...I still need to call LEO back!
All I can say is AWESOME! I showed the pictures to Roy and he can't believe it is the same wood. Great job and thanks for scooping it away. xoxo
Post a Comment
<< Home