Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Hal Family Pictures

Saturday morning, bright and early we had our family pictures taken. I thought we all looked pretty cute, mostly matching....turns out that was the only thing going for us. The photographer had her work cut out for her, my kids were naughty. First, Peanut insisted on posing his own way, you know with his tongue out, hands over his head....not exactly the look I was going for. Next just as we're getting started Walnut trips and falls and despite not getting dirty (whew!) or hurt, manages to plant a permanent scowl on his face...again, not the look I'm going for. The twins then take turns pulling on my newly purchased bracelets of wooden beads, one by one they break sending dozens of turquoise beads bouncing all over the street, by the time we finished the photo shoot all three of my bracelets had broken and scattered everywhere. For the past three days I have held my breath, praying that one, just ONE of the over seven hundred pictures she took that day turned out...and today I find out they did. Despite all the screaming, wiggling, scowls and scattered beads this photographer managed to capture our family beautifully. I was elated when I saw a few samples of our pictures today. Let me just say, I HIGHLY recommend this photographer, she was amazing and very inexpensive. Trust me with what she had to work with, she pulled off a miracle......you be the judge!








9 Comments:

At September 10, 2008 at 9:03 PM, Blogger ThatsBaloney said...

Those are amazing! If you hadn't confessed to all the chaos no one would have ever known.

 
At September 11, 2008 at 11:13 AM, Blogger Lifes Great Adventures said...

I love the pictures you guys got they are so cute! Its nice to look at the pictures when you get them back & be happy with them- not disappointed (I am usually disappointed with ours). What a cute family you have!
Destiny

 
At September 11, 2008 at 1:22 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

The pictures are great, I might call that photographer!

 
At September 12, 2008 at 8:51 PM, Blogger Me said...

Cute pictures!!! And I loved your wedding pics in the previous post! I love love love seeing people's wedding pictures. Yours were beautiful. Our anniversary's coming up soon too, can't believe it.

 
At September 13, 2008 at 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to come home and take a nap after the wild "photograpy shoot!!" I can only imagine what the photographer felt like. She really worked for that one!!!She is a magician. I loved the pictures and was pleasantly shocked that she captured some good ones. Beautiful grand-kids with or without happy faces. Love, G.R.

 
At September 14, 2008 at 4:08 PM, Blogger Brittany said...

So stinking CUTE!!!!! Your kid's are growing up so fast!!!!

 
At September 19, 2008 at 10:27 PM, Blogger Tristie hearts Dax said...

i am so behind on checking blogs! your pics turned out so well. i love outside portraits. i also enjoyed reading your SWA post. so fun to get to know you better and find out about the pre-Hal you. Oh, and, LOVE your deck! It's gorgeous!

 
At September 28, 2008 at 8:11 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

I could totally hear and feel your frustration!! But, the end result, WOW!! You have such a beautiful family. :)

 
At October 25, 2008 at 9:42 PM, Blogger Kara said...

Hello!!!!!! I am so sorry I am such a slacker and never responded back to your comment! In all my craziness I kinda fell off the face of the planet for the past few months. I am so glad that we are finally back in touch. Dave and I's move was very sudden and we didn't really get to say good bye to very many people and you guys have been one of the families we felt terriable guilty for our lack of good bye!I am so glad you blog! I promise I wil be better about keeping in touch from here on out. I have added you to my list of friends. And I hope everything is going well for your adorable little family! (I can't beleive how big the twins our)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home