Slacker
OK, so I know, I'm slacking on keeping my blog updated lately (Sorry Janice!) It's just the past few weeks have been kinda crazy...remember that last post about all the cans I bought at the various case lot sales? Well, until yesterday they were ALL still stacked on my counters! My sister M and her husband came into town a week and a half ago and we scheduled nonstop parties in their honor.
+September+20+-+006.jpg)
They are expecting my parents tenth grandson this winter, and we had to celebrate. I planned to spend the weekend at my parents so I wouldn't miss a minute of the fun. But for me the weekend started out rocky, Walnut woke up Friday morning with the stomach flu, and by Sunday morning both twins had started throwing up within an hour of each other, by Sunday night I was hugging the porcelain throne myself and begging TOWW to just take us all home. He did and over the next week Peanut, my mom, sister and sister in law all were blessed with their very own case of the stomach flu. I then spent a couple of days sanitizing everything, carpets, walls, bedding, pillows, windows, and everything that stood still was Lysoled within an inch of it's life! Needless to say I got well enough to participate in the annual Fall consignment sale that I love so much last Thursday, and I'm happy to say that I again made out like a bandit....it's so much fun shopping for a girl! Anyway it's been a crazy couple of weeks but yesterday I finally managed to clean out my pantry and put away all those cases and cases of cans I bought. I even managed to find some room for my big food storage cans and finally cataloged what I have so I can better rotate it. It was a big job but with the little space I had available I'm very happy with the results.
+September+29+-+003.jpg)
+September+29+-+002.jpg)


7 Comments:
Bless your heart - stomach flu is the worst!
No fun stomach flu, and especially with the kids all getting it. Consignment sale- hum that sounds fun I want to know more about this! Girls are fun to shop for! Our baby will have cute clothes on but no crib to sleep in :( I need to get my priorities straight! The clothes are just to much fun to buy!
Destiny
Melanie -- you are soo funny! I love to hear about your jam-packed fun life. Sorry you got the bug - I had it a week ago - and my stomach still isn;t quite right. But, I'm glad I got my turn over with already. Love ya. Meridee
Stomach flu is the WORST! Glad that you're all feeling better. Tell me about this fall consignment sale you go to..sounds similar to one that we went to in Oregon and it was great. Your pantry looks really good too.
Will you come organize my kitchen? I can't figure out where to put things! I think my brain cells are fried from all the moving...which by the way, you did a fabulous job packing. So far, everything is in one piece. :)
Sorry to hear you were sick. I'm glad you are all feeling better. I love reading your blog...I love to read all the adventures you and your family have. I swear you never have a dull moment. Next time Tara is in town we all need to get together:) Have a good week:)
I am more than very impressed. Your pantry looks very well-stocked and organized. My sympathy to you and everyone who got the stomach flu. It is a very mean virus!!! I got it Monday night the first night of our cruise and was very sick. When I tried to leave our cabin bathroom I was so weak I knew if I stood up I would pass out. G.B. finally found I was missing. He woke up and carried me to bed. The next day I rested. Then I was fine for the rest of the cruise. (I know you are super woman now!)I am very surprised you could still muster the courage to take care of your kids. Love, G.R.
Post a Comment
<< Home