Friday, December 26, 2008

The Day After the Storm

Another Christmas has come and gone, and it is literally the day after the storm. We had so much snow fall yesterday that all my family members planning on coming to Christmas dinner canceled. At first I was pretty bummed, I had prepared a feast for twenty and by five PM there was no one to eat it. I packed it all back into the fridge, decided to make the best of what was left of Christmas. This year I got Jeramie a wii, we broke it out and played until midnight! It was so fun to see little jack trying his best to hula hoop, every time it dropped to the ground on the TV he would bend down and try to pick it up...he, he, hee, we got a good laugh out of that one! We all got to make little virtual people to represent us called mii's, Jer's is a spitting image of him, and little Jack is so cute, we even got James big round cheeks right. It was a great Christmas, but I have to say the best gift of the day was my blog book. Jeramie took my entire 2007 blog entries and made it into an actual hardbound book...thanks babe, I love it!

7 Comments:

At December 26, 2008 at 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you loved your"blog" book. TWWW spent alot of time at our house on our computer putting it together so it would be a total surprise for you on Christmas day.It is better than a journal because it has pictures. I'm sure it will become a family treasure as the years go by. (The kids will love it!!} It was so fun having you and the gang over on Christmas day.I'm sorry the weather didn't permit your parents to attend the dinner you had planned. Love,G.R.

 
At December 27, 2008 at 3:22 PM, Blogger hope2adoptbaby said...

WAY COOL. You'll have to tell me how it did it as my mom keeps telling me that I need to do that with ours. :)

 
At December 27, 2008 at 6:12 PM, Blogger MeganDan said...

I'm so sorry we weren't able to make it up to help eat your feast and even after you came down we still missed you. Oh well. That's how it goes. It was so much fun to see you guys this week. We need to come help you play with your Wii. I can only imagine Jack trying to pick up the hula hoop. Way funny.

 
At December 28, 2008 at 5:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a cool idea! Jer is so creative and technically savy. It looks like it turned out really nice. I sooo wish we could have been there to play with your cute family. M

 
At December 28, 2008 at 8:39 PM, Blogger The Kelly Klan said...

Hi Mel...I'm not sure if you remember me, but I'm Tara Curtis's sister, Brooke. I was checking out your blog and I am TOTALLY jealous of your blog book Jeremy put together for you. What a fantastic idea!!! How did he do that? I would like to do the same thing and then I will feel like I am journaling at the same time. Two birds with one stone. You can email me at bkelly@weber.edu or my blog is thekellyklan.blogspot.com. Thanks.

 
At December 29, 2008 at 11:29 AM, Blogger ThatsBaloney said...

I love your book! What a great idea.
I wondered if you guys got snowed in out there. We just had cold and cloudy. :)

 
At December 31, 2008 at 6:36 PM, Blogger Mindi said...

I want to see it in person- It looks awesome! That was a very thoughtful and nice gift

 

Post a Comment

<< Home