Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Turtle Tub


After an unusually hectic weekend I woke Monday morning to find Greyson had striped himself naked sometime during the night and left me a little "present" in the corner of his crib. Now I will say, unlike my other children, he looked completely reluctant to go anywhere near the thing, I found him sitting rather nervously in the opposite corner glaring at the offending mess. I decided after a quick survey that nothing short of a bath and load of laundry was going to fix the situation. I dumped Grey in the tub to soak and hurried to his room to gather the bedding while Addison looked on from a respectful distance, disgust written all over her face. With the washer swishing productively away, I raced back upstairs to check on my dirty little soaker. Just as I rounded the corner to the bathroom I noticed Grey sitting in the tub with that familiar look of concern on his face, and then I saw them, little green turtles swimming all over in the tub with him, there must have been five or six and would you believe, because this has never happened before with any of my children, for an instant I really thought "where did these little turtles come from?" To explain my mentality, I probably should tell you I grew up in a house where bathing with turtles....real turtles, was pretty normal, snakes, lizards, birds and even the occasional skunk were regular tenants in our home. I, on many occasions, had to remove soaking snakes or turtles from the family bathtub before I could use it myself, I often used bathrooms with pythons curled up on the heat vents or twisted tightly around the shower head. So, it was without much surprise that I found Greyson's tub full of turtles....that is until an instant later when I remembered, much to my disgust, we don't have any pet turtles. Darn.

7 Comments:

At January 27, 2009 at 1:55 PM, Blogger hope2adoptbaby said...

SO FUNNY! OK, maybe not if its you, but it was funny to read about. At least you keep your sense of humor. :)

 
At January 27, 2009 at 4:19 PM, Blogger MeganDan said...

Oh my goodness... can't stop laughing. Thank you for sharing that. Made my afternoon :)

 
At January 27, 2009 at 4:42 PM, Blogger Jill Stones said...

Great ab workout thanks!! Hey I grew up with 5 brothers and never took a bath were turtles!! So funny, that's why i love ya. Oh ya, floating turtles are way better than squished turtles!

 
At January 27, 2009 at 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Impressive reading. You had me hanging there. Keep your great sense of humor. Ain't life grand?

 
At January 27, 2009 at 11:01 PM, Blogger ThatsBaloney said...

Jacob (my FIVE y.o.) left turtles in the bath tub 3 times over a 2 week period recently. I think they get in there and relax a little too much. Hopefully this is a one time instance for you. Oh my.
Be glad with 4 kids this is a first! Amazing!!
I'm a little freaked by your snake story though. Give me turtles (of any kind) any day.

 
At February 9, 2009 at 11:05 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Wow, that brought back some old memories of coming home (to your house) to find pillow cases tied at the top with SNAKES inside!!! I swear, I was always so freaked out by those things. Only at your parents' house...

 
At March 11, 2009 at 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my Mel!! You are sooo funny. Thanks for sharing that story. I've been laughing for a solid 10 min now. Hopefully you wont have anymore bath turtles.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home