Monday, March 16, 2009

Disneyland 2009


So, for a year we've been saving up to take our little family to Disneyland, and last week we finally made it. We asked other family members to join in on our little vacation, but in the end it was just us. Many doubted us, thinking taking a 5 year old, 3 year old and 20 month old twins would be just too overwhelming for two adults and ruin the experience for the boys. Well we've just returned and I'm happy to report that we had a wonderful time! We drove and were able to do the trip in just over 11 hours, and that's stopping to let the twins stretch their legs and many little boy pee breaks. Mostly the drive was uneventful, thanks to our wonderful new little Garmin navigation system, that thing is awesome and could direct us to the most obscure little neighborhood parks along the way for a quiet and free lunch packed by yours truly.


When we finally arrived in Anaheim we checked into an awesome two bedroom condo(Thanks Bob!) and were told that unfortunately there were no more cribs available, you see they were booked to capacity...blah...blah...blah, enter the screaming twins, one look at them and we had all the desk clerks on phones finding us cribs. The cribs arrived at our room before we did, never underestimate the power of tired whining twins!

Disneyland was awesome and lived up to all our expectations, Jer and I both love it there and we were so excited to share this magical place with our kids. Jack and James were in heaven, Jack told us multiple times every day that "THIS was the best day of his whole life!"



It was wonderful to see the amazement in their eyes as the real life, full sized Mickey Mouse, they'd been watching on TV, actually came up to them and gave them a hug, seriously, I could have cried!

We spent hours in the park and rode nearly all the rides, Jack got to ride twice as many times as the rest of us because Jer and I took turns waiting with the twins, and usually took Jack with us on our turn. James rode as many rides as his fearful little mind would allow, but after a ride or two on the Pirates of the Caribbean and The Haunted Mansion he ruled out any further rides that might contain skeletons or ghosts. Jack loved the Indiana Jones ride and Space Mountain but his personal favorite was The Tower of Terror, I think he rode it four times, that kid is fearless!

The twins were champs, napping each day in their strollers for an hour or two, we never went back to the condo for naps, just played in the parks from open to close. Greyson quickly decided the way of James and became leary every time he heard the ghost music, shoving his face into our shirts until we were a safe distance from the offending ride.
Addison on the other hand took it all in stride and looked rather amused at her wimpy, whining older brothers (minus Jack of course) the only thing that made her nervous was if the live Characters got too close. From a distance she was so excited to see them, but as soon at they got close enough to touch her, she completely lost her cool composure and fell into screaming hysterics. We ate way too much, and paid way too much for it, seriously who pays $7.00 for a single corn dog?.......well, I did...twice! They are the best corn dogs in the whole world.
We spent three glorious, exhausting days at Disneyland, it was everything we'd hoped, it was wonderful to spend so much time with just my little family. Even today, with the piles of laundry, a dirty garbage laden minivan, bags of strange souvenirs still to go through, and Jer back at his daily grind, the Disneyland high still hasn't worn off, we can't wait to go again!

10 Comments:

At March 17, 2009 at 8:47 AM, Blogger HeRoosSheRoos said...

I'm so glad everyone had a great time. I love those kids (and I guess the parents are pretty great too)!

 
At March 17, 2009 at 12:50 PM, Blogger Marci said...

what fun!! maybe we can join you next time

 
At March 18, 2009 at 11:16 AM, Blogger hope2adoptbaby said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! We love Disneyland too...its fun for Kyle and I, but mostly its so fun to watch Kaden. He says "its the best day of my whole life" too when we're there...guess he doesn't remember the trip to Maui when he was little. That would be the best day of my whole life...another trip to Maui! :) Anyway, glad you had such a fun trip. Was it crowded?

 
At March 20, 2009 at 12:44 PM, Blogger MeganDan said...

Oh my goodness! How much fun. I knew you guys were talking about going, but didn't know when you were. I went a few days ago to Disneyland, what if we were there at the same time? Funny! I love all the pictures. I bet the kids had the time of their lives.

 
At March 20, 2009 at 5:46 PM, Blogger Mindi said...

Awesome! I love the smile on James' face in the picture with Mickey! You are amazing!!!! after our last trip there all I did was complain- about the drive, the crowds, Brandon. Glad you had fun!

 
At March 20, 2009 at 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! What happy wonderful kids and pictures. I am so happy for you guys and your cute little family.I am so thrilled to hear it was everything you wanted it to be. I"m almost sorry we didn't go with you.You are great parents. I can't wait to hear all the details from, Peanut and Walnut.xxooG.R.

 
At March 21, 2009 at 6:46 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

It looks like you guys had lots of fun! I love your little boys faux hawks.
Justin

 
At March 24, 2009 at 8:54 AM, Blogger ThatsBaloney said...

For the record - I never doubted you. :)
Glad you guys had fun! I loved seeing the pics.

 
At March 29, 2009 at 12:10 AM, Blogger Jill Stones said...

We can't wait till our Disneyland day to come, well it might be years but it is fun to hear your point of view. I especially loved your family picture with the twins both squirming out of the stroller! Super cute family! oh and Jer looked hot in the hot tub;)I liked the way he used the kids as a coverup!!

 
At April 1, 2009 at 9:57 PM, Blogger Tristie hearts Dax said...

i am pumped to take my chillins to D-land someday! you are brave for sure. i am happy you had such a great trip. woo-hoo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home